April is party time for me! So the Ultimate Blog Party 2013 fits in perfectly! My third blogiversary is technically April 13, but I’m partying all month!
I started my month by promoting the launch of the 3rd edition of John Bowman’s fabulous 512-page eBook Montessori at Home! You’ll find excerpts and great activities as well as more about the book in these activity posts:
- Activities with Marbles and Golf Tees from Montessori at Home!
- Building a Flashlight and Pipe Building from Montessori at Home!
- 1000-10,000 Activity from Montessori at Home!
Then, this morning I started an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING giveaway sponsored by Montessori Print Shop and Montessori at Home! – $645 Montessori at Home/Montessori Print Shop Products! If you have children from 18 months to 7- or 8 (or even 9) years old, don’t miss it!
In a week, I’ll be near Washington, D.C., as a keynote speaker at the Titus 2:1 Conference: Welcome to the 2:1 Speakers Tour!
Then I’ll have another awesome giveaway starting on the 17th for parents who want to learn more about teaching their children at home using Montessori principles and activities. It’ll also be perfect for Montessori teachers who want to refresh their training and/or get a new perspective. This giveaway will be sponsored by KHT Montessori, and it’ll be another huge and wonderful giveaway!
Finally, at the end of the month, I’m hoping that my new eBook, Montessori at Home or School: How to Teach Your Child Social Graces, will be published! The cover and contents are ready to go. My book is at the indexer right now and then just needs to be formatted into an eBook!
And, of course, I’ll continue with my usual Montessori-inspired blog posts with lots of activities and ideas for teaching children at home or in the classroom. And you can find me on almost every social-media site having fun encouraging parents and teachers!
Here’s some info about me and about my blog:
I’m Deb Chitwood, a Montessori educator/writer and mom of two grown children. I was a Montessori teacher and school owner before I homeschooled my kids through high school. My kids now both have college degrees and still have a love of learning (yay!).
My educational background is focused on Montessori education. I have my Montessori certification for teaching children ages 2½-5, and I’m also certified to teach two Montessori-based religious-education programs: Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and Godly Play. My bachelor’s degree has a concentration in Montessori Elementary and Early Childhood Education. I received my MA in Early Childhood Studies from England with my degree work and dissertation centered on Montessori education.
In addition to writing my eBook, I’m also the author of a 1983 children’s book, The Magic Ring. That should be published as an eBook eventually as well.
At Living Montessori Now, I write about Montessori education, homeschooling, and parenting in general. I love sharing my experiences and encouraging parents and teachers. I also enjoy doing online research and love sharing links to great ideas and blogs I find during my research. You’ll find links to some of my most popular posts in the right sidebar and in my About Montessori page.
Here are some places you can find me online:
- Living Montessori Now Facebook page (links to my posts and lots of posts from around the blogosphere along with a featured Free Printable of the Day). At the Raising Figure Skaters Facebook page, I share an inspirational Quote of the Day and lots of inspirational word art. At the Spring Snow Publications Facebook page, I share writing and blogging posts from some of the world’s top bloggers along with fun yet helpful grammar images.
- RSS feed (my blog posts in a reader such as Google Reader)
- Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards). I have over 1,400,000 followers on Pinterest, and I spend a lot of time there!
- Google+. I’m also a moderator for the Montessori Google+ Community.
- Sulia (I’m a Parenting Expert on Sulia and have lots of fun publishing posts there, too!)
- We Teach, including the We Teach Montessori group, which I lead!
- And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter in the right-hand sidebar to receive Karen Tyler’s AMS Montessori geography album and the Mom Bloggers Talk Montessori: Favorite Ideas and Activities eBook FREE along with a weekly newsletter containing a note from me with any important reminders and links to my posts from the week!
Please join me for my blogiversary month and beyond!