I LOVE blog awards and have been very fortunate to have received a number of lovely awards from some fantastic bloggers! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! It means so much to me to know that you read and enjoy my blog!
I’ve happily passed on the blog awards I’ve received each month for a number of months now. But I finally realized that, as much as I love the awards, I need to stop passing them on. Here are my reasons:
- Even though I (and many other bloggers) love blog awards, some bloggers don’t. I don’t want to pass on awards to bloggers who wouldn’t want to receive them.
- Some bloggers who love blog awards feel overwhelmed at the thought/time of finding bloggers to pass them on to. Blogging can become overwhelming time wise, especially for busy parents, and I don’t want to make life more difficult for anyone.
- I have a really hard time deciding who to pass the awards on to each month. My problem is that I love so many blogs and keep finding new ones I love. I’ve tried to pass blogs awards on to specific categories of bloggers – and sometimes the rules require that I pass the awards on to blogs I’ve recently discovered. But with all the research I do online, I still always want to give out way more awards than the rules call for!
- Sometimes I miss a blog that I think I’ve already given an award to but haven’t – and then I feel bad about not awarding a blog I love. If I haven’t given you an award, it doesn’t mean I don’t love your blog – I might have simply missed it. And what about all the blogs I love outside the categories I’ve designated to give the awards to???
So, what I’m going to do from now on is:
- If I receive an award, I’ll continue to thank the blogger who gave me the award … I really do appreciate blog awards!
- I’ll add each award to my Awards page with a link to the blogger who gave me the award.
- Instead of having an awards post each month, I’ll save that day for an extra link post. I think I can typically showcase blogs better by linking to specific activities/posts anyway. You’ve probably noticed I love linking to blogs in my Activity of the Week, Living Montessori Now Facebook page, and Living Montessori Now Community. So this will give me an extra opportunity to link to activities, resources, and/or blog posts I love!
You, my readers, make blogging worthwhile. I can’t thank you enough for your comments and support! Always, to you goes the Sweet Reader Award!