Arctic animals are a fun theme during the winter. But it’s important to know what those animals are and where to find resources. So I’ve gathered lots of free Arctic animal printables today along with designing some Montessori-inspired Arctic animal activities. Plus, I’m sharing our latest subscriber freebie!
Here, I’m also sharing the links to free Arctic animal printables for preschoolers through 1st graders (and sometimes older). To keep my list manageable, I don’t share coloring pages unless a page has a specific educational purpose related to Arctic animals. Note: Whenever an Arctic animal pack includes penguins, don’t use the penguins. A penguin is not an Arctic animal. All penguin species are from the Southern Hemisphere, although they don’t all live in Antarctica. The printables are still great as long as you don’t use the penguins unless you’re studying both the Arctic AND Antarctica.
For Arctic animals, you might include polar bear, Arctic fox, Arctic tern, reindeer, caribou (or reindeer if you don’t separate the two), narwhal, beluga whale, orca (killer whale), puffin, walrus, seal, ermine, musk ox, moose, snowy owl, Alaskan malamute, husky, Arctic hare, and Inuit (if you want to include people in your animals).
At PreK + K Sharing, I tell how I used the printables to prepare Montessori-inspired bell activities. I also have links to other posts with additional ideas and presentations.
Free Printables Used in the Pictured Arctic Animal Activities for Preschoolers-First Graders
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links (at no cost to you).
Arctic Matching Activity with Safari Ltd. Arctic Figures Plus Arctic Cards
Free Printable: Safari Ltd. Arctic TOOB Key
Free Printable: Arctic Animals (to match non-human animals in Safari Ltd. Arctic TOOB) from Arctic Unit Culture and Geography Pack by Every Star is Different or Animals of the Arctic 3-Part Cards (to match Safari Ltd. TOOB) by Montessori Soul
For this activity, I used a large white Montessori Services tray (which looks much nicer in reality … these days of early darkness make getting decent photos much harder), a clear acrylic tray, and the figures from the Safari Ltd. Arctic TOOB.
My 3-year-old granddaughter, Zoey, loved this activity. I’ll add in the card matching next time.
Free Printable: Animals of the Arctic Bump Game from The Preschool Mom
DIY Polar Bear Cub Cards and Counters
Free Printable: Polar Bear Numbers (part of my subscriber freebie pack, so just sign up for my email to get the link and password … or check the bottom of your latest newsletter if you’re already a subscriber) You’ll find phonics printables in the polar bear pack along with the polar bear numbers.
I used a Montessori Services medium-size tray and glass bowl with 55 snowflake gems. (There are enough in a package to have 55 snowflakes, which is the exact number needed for Montessori cards and counters.) I love the snowflake gems (so does Zoey). They can be used for many activities. (I used them in last year’s snowflake post.)
I use a Montessori Services rug on the floor for the layout.
Arctic Number Order and Skip Counting Puzzles
Free Printable: Arctic Number Order and Skip Counting Puzzles by Gracehopper at Teachers Pay Teachers
For this activity, I just used the printable and a basket for the strips. (I’m not sure where I found the basket.)
Free Printable: Nonfiction Beginning Reader Printable Book – Arctic by Hope Laugh Teach at Teachers Pay Teachers (Note: Be sure to remove the page with the penguin.)
For this activity, I used two binder rings (although you could staple it together) and a small tabletop easel to display the book on the shelf.
Free Arctic Animal Printables for Preschoolers-First Graders
Montessori-Inspired Polar Bear Pack for DIY Cards and Counters, Number or Letter Matching, Number or Letter Basket, Number or Letter Salt/Sand Writing Tray, Letter Tracing, and DIY Movable Alphabet (subscriber freebie, so just sign up for my email to get the link and password – or check your inbox if you’re already a subscriber)
- Polar Animals from FirstPalette
- Arctic Unit with Free Printables from Every Star Is Different
- Arctic Unit from Welcome to Mommyhood (Don’t use the penguins for an Arctic theme.)
- Awesome Arctic Animals Preschool Pack from Preschool Powol Packets
- Arctic Animals Printables from KidSparkz
- Arctic Animal Packs from Royal Baloo (Don’t use the penguins for an Arctic theme.)
- Arctic and Polar Region Printables from Natural Beach Living (This printable is for polar regions, so it includes penguins. Just omit the penguins if you’re studying the Arctic only.)
- The Arctic and Antarctic Calendar Connections from 1+1+1=1 (This printable explains that penguins don’t live in the Arctic.)
- Arctic Animals Printables from Encouraging Moms at Home (Don’t use the penguins for an Arctic theme.)
- Printables for Arctic Lapbook from Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool Plus
- Arctic Animal Printables from Preschool Mom
- Arctic Animals Matching Games from Life Over C’s
- Arctic Animal Word Cards from PreKinder
- Arctic Animals File Folder Game from Iman’s Home-School
- Arctic Animals Bingo from Gift of Curiosity
- Arctic Animals Do-a-Dot Printables from Gift of Curiosity
- Arctic Animals Camouflage Activity from Gift of Curiosity
- Arctic Animal Bingo from Lanternfish
- Arctic Animals Finger Puppets from Education.com
- Animals of the Arctic Tundra Wheel from Scholastic
- Tundra/Arctic Printables from ABC Teach
- Polar Animals Notebooking Pages from Look! We’re Learning
- Polar Animal Resources from Primary Treasure Chest (This includes animals from both poles, so penguins are in the download.
- Printable Arctic Animal Crafts from Learn Create Love (Don’t use the penguin for an Arctic theme.)
- Polar Animals Lapbooks from Homeschool Share (Includes lapbooks for both North and South Poles, so don’t use the penguin printables.)
- Polar Bear Pack (limited time freebie) from All About Learning Press
- Polar Bear Activities for Tots and Preschoolers with Free Printables from Every Star Is Different
- Polar Bear Printables from Making Learning Fun
- Arctic Animal Printables from Teachers Pay Teachers
- Arctic Animal Printables from Teachers Notebook (the word search can’t be saved, so just search for Arctic and free when you’re there)
More Arctic Animal Posts
Please join me at PreK + K Sharing for ideas on how to use the free printables to create Montessori-inspired Arctic animal activities: Montessori-Inspired Arctic Animal Activities Using Free Printables.
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), Twitter (blog posts by me and others along with the Parent/Teacher Daily and other interesting information), and Google+ (post updates). You can find me on bloglovin’, Instagram, and YouTube now, too. And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter in the right sidebar. You’ll get two awesome freebies in the process and a password each month for exclusive subscriber freebies!
May be linked to Practical Mondays Link Up, Hip Homeschool Hop, The Mommy Club Resources and Solutions, A Little Bird Told Me Linky Party, Link-ups at Squishable Baby, Preschool Corner, Sharing Saturday, Tot School Gathering Place.