It’s the 15th of the month, and I have a new post at PreK + K Sharing. Today, I have some Montessori-inspired pioneer activities using free pioneer printables … great for a summer (or anytime) unit study!
Here, I’m sharing the links to lots of free pioneer printables for preschoolers through 1st graders (and sometimes older). To keep my list manageable, I don’t share coloring pages unless a page has a specific educational purpose related to pioneers.
At PreK + K Sharing, I tell where I found my materials and how I used the printables to prepare Montessori-inspired pioneer activities. I also have links to other posts with additional ideas and presentations.
Free Printables Featured in the Pioneer Activities at PreK + K Sharing
Covered Wagon Lacing
Free Printable: Covered Wagon Lacing from Wild West Mega Pack at 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Pioneer Counting and Skip Counting Puzzles
Free Printable: Pioneer Counting and Skip Counting Puzzles from Pioneer Pack, Part 1 from 3 Dinosaurs
Pioneer Counting and Addition Roll and Cover Games
Free Printable: Wagon Roll and Cover and Cabin Roll and Cover from Pioneer Pack, Part 4 from 3 Dinosaurs
Free Printable: Pioneer Town-Store Money Activity from Little House in the Big Woods and Pioneer Unit at Every Star Is Different
Free Printable: Pioneer Beginning Sounds Clip Cards from Jump in to Summer Learning: Pioneers (Day 5, Kindergarten) at Royal Baloo
Pioneer Girl and Boy Paper Doll Cutting Activity
Free Printable: Pioneer Girl and Pioneer Boy Paper Doll Printables from Little House on the Prairie
Free Pioneer Printables for Preschoolers-First Graders (some printables for up to grade 3)
- Little House in the Big Woods and Pioneer Unit from Every Star Is Different
- Pioneer Pack from 3 Dinosaurs
- Jump in to Summer Learning: Pioneer from 3 Dinosaurs
- Jump in to Summer Learning: Pioneer from Royal Baloo
- Wild West Mega Pack from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Pioneer School from Log Cabin Village
- Pioneer Dress Up Doll from Adventure in a Box
- Create Your Own Handcart from LDS
- Pioneer Handcart from Tinyton Village
- Covered Wagon Craft from Inkjet_Paper_Scissors
- Wagon Wheel Clip Art from Fab ‘n Free (can be used to measure the room)
- Templates for Assembling Your Own Pioneer Town from Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum
- Little House Lapbooks from Homeschool Share
- Oregon Trail Lapbook from Lapbook Lessons
- Complete Little House on the Prairie Series Lapbook Set from Marine Corps Nomads
- The First Four Years Q & A from Wise Owl Factory
- Pioneer Printables from ABC Teach
- Pioneer Printables from DLTK
- Literature Postage Stamp Coloring Pages: Little House on the Prairie at Blue Bonkers
- Oxen Printables from Activity Village
- Maple Syrup Lapbook from Homeschool Share
- Pioneer Printables from Teachers Pay Teachers
- Pioneer Printables from Teachers Notebook (the word search can’t be saved, so just search for pioneer and free when you’re there)
More of my Resources That Include Pioneer Activities
You’ll find more pioneer activities and ideas in these Living Montessori Now posts:
Here’s the link to my article at PreK + K Sharing: Montessori-Inspired Pioneer Activities Using Free Printables.
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to Teach Grace and Courtesy! I’m also one of the coauthors of the book Learn with Play – 150+ Activities for Year-round Fun & Learning!
May be linked to Afterschool Express, Thoughtful Spot, Hip Homeschool Hop, The Mommy Club Resources and Solutions, Mom’s Library, A Little Bird Told Me Linky Party, Learn and Play, Homeschool Link-up, TGIF Linky Party, Preschool Corner, Ultimate Homeschool Pinterest Party, Sharing Saturday, Share It Saturday, Tot School Gathering Place.