My last month has been amazing. I’ve had wonderful family reunions, both small and large. Also, my post “How to Teach Your Preschooler Manners Using Montessori Principles” was featured in “Great Posts I Came Across This Week” by JDaniel4’s Mom.
To top it off, I received the Outstanding Blogger Award from Michelle at Some Girls Website. It means so much to me that people are reading my blog—and liking it! There are some rules to the award, though. I waited until I was back from my reunion trip and caught up online. Now, though, I’m ready…
So, with the Outstanding Blogger Award, I must:
1. Say thanks to the person who gave me this award.
Thank you, Michelle. You are always sweet, encouraging, AND an outstanding blogger.
2. Share 7 things about myself.
- I’m 100% Scandinavian by ancestry (3/4 Finnish and 1/4 Norwegian with a touch of Swedish).
- Even though I don’t like cold very much (what happened to that Scandinavian ancestry there?!), I grew up in South Dakota and raised two children who were ski racers and then figure skaters.
- 2 years ago I donated 13 inches of my hair to Locks of Love, a great organization. Yes, my hair was still long even afterward.
- I absolutely love Compassion International. Through Compassion, my husband and I sponsor 3 children (from Bolivia, Nicaragua, and Indonesia).
- Both my Montessori certification and master’s degree were from England, which has been my home away from home.
- I was trained in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (a Montessori-oriented religious education/formation program for children). At the end of July, I’m taking my training in Portland to be certified in a similar program—Godly Play.
- My desserts almost always include chocolate.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who I have recently discovered and think are fantastic!
It was hard for me to decide on just 15 fantastic bloggers because there are so many great blogs I love. That I had to have discovered them recently eliminates some amazing blogs. These are just some of my favorite individual bloggers I discovered recently (in the last month or so). I’m passing on the Outstanding Blogger Award (in alphabetical order) to:
- The Artful Parent
- Blue Frogs Legs
- Childhood 101
- Counting Coconuts
- I’m an Organizing Junkie
- JDaniel4’s Mom
- Layton Family Joy
- Nurturing the tender years
- One Hook Wonder
- Prairie Lily Arts
- Studio JRU
- Sunrise Learning Lab
- Walk Beside Me
- What DID we do all day?
- The Work Plan
I also want to pass on another award Michelle had, the Sweet Reader Award. This I award to you for so kindly visiting my blog.