Do you have a vehicle lover? Sometimes vehicle lovers get so obsessed with vehicles that you might have a hard time getting them interested in your regular learning activities. Try car-themed learning activities! To help you out, my new post at PreK + K Sharing shares directions for preparing and presenting car activities. Today, I have some Montessori-inspired car activities using free car printables … perfect for any time of year.
I’m also excited to share my latest subscriber freebie … a Montessori-inspired car pack! Here, I’m also sharing the links to lots of free car printables for preschoolers through 1st graders (and sometimes older). To keep my list manageable, I don’t share coloring pages unless a page has a specific educational purpose related to cars. I’m also not sharing Disney Cars printables. Although many of them are fine, some may have copyright problems.
At PreK + K Sharing, I tell how I used the printables to prepare Montessori-inspired car activities. I also have links to other posts with additional ideas and presentations.
Free Printables Featured in the Car Activities at PreK + K Sharing
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links (at no cost to you).
Car Color Matching Activity
Free Printable: Car Color Match from Childcareland. There are 12 colors in the printable, but I use the 11 colors that match Montessori color box 2. You could just use the 3 primary colors or whatever colors you want your child to work with.
Free Printable: Montessori Color Matching Cards from Montessori Print Shop
Free Printable: Highway Shape Cards (or highway letter or number cards) from Making Learning Fun
Spelling with Car Movable Alphabet
Free Printable: Car Movable Alphabet (part of my subscriber freebie pack, so just sign up for my email to get the link and password … or check the bottom of your latest newsletter if you’re already a subscriber)
Beginning Reading – Race Car Blending
Free Printable: Race Car Blending (CVC, digraphs, blends) by Engage2Inspire at Teachers Pay Teachers
Update: See my post with more about this activity: “Super-Cool Beginning Reading Activity – Race Car Blending.”
Free Car Printables for Preschoolers-First Graders (some printables for up to grade 3)
Montessori-Inspired Car Pack for DIY Cards and Counters, Number or Letter Matching, Number or Letter Basket, Number or Letter Salt/Sand Writing Tray, Letter Tracing, and DIY Movable Alphabet (subscriber freebie, so just sign up for my email to get the link and password – or check your inbox if you’re already a subscriber)
Car Racing Laps Exercise for Kids (Free Printable) from Christina Chitwood
Street Numbers for Block Center from Young & Lively Kindergarten
Racing Racecars from Mama Jenn
- Uppercase and lowercase road letters from Gift of Curiosity
- Car Counting and Tracing Cards from Playdough to Plato
- Car Printables from Childcareland
- Car Roll and Cover File Folder Game from Childcareland
- Car Lacing Card from Childcareland
- Sequin Car from Childcareland
- Shapes Car Craft from DLTK’s
- Ll is for Limo from Royal Baloo
- Counting Cars Numbers 0-5 Book from Learning 2 Walk
- DIY Car Magnets Craft from Moms and Crafters
- Car Bingo from Free Puzzles
- Dora’s Colorful Car Bingo from Nick Jr.
- Sports Car Stickers and Printables from Stickers and Charts
- Racecar Printables from Making Learning Fun
- Printable Roads from Picklebums
- Australian Road Signs and Accessories from Picklebums
- Mini Road Map Busy Bag Printable from The DIY Mommy
- Race Car Party Printables from Growing Up Bilingual
- Race Car Invitations from Events to Celebrate
- Matchbox Car Valentines from Love& Lion
- “You Make My Heart Race” Valentines from Hello, Wonderful
- Matchbox Valentines from The Kim Six Fix
- I Wheelie Like You Car Valentines from Life Anchored
- Race Car Valentine Cards from Grace and Good Eats
- Vintage Car Printables from Simply Made By Rebecca
- Transportation Preschool Pack from Homeschool Creations
- Car Printables from Teachers Pay Teachers
- Car Printables from Teachers Notebook (the word search can’t be saved, so just search for “car” and “free” when you’re there)
More of my Resources That Include Transportation Activities:
Learn more about Montessori at Home or School: How to Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), Twitter (blog posts by me and others along with the Parent/Teacher Daily and other interesting information), and Google+ (post updates and Montessori Community). You can find me on bloglovin’ now, too. And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter in the right sidebar. You’ll get two awesome freebies in the process!
May be linked to Practical Mondays Link Up, Afterschool Express, Thoughtful Spot, Hip Homeschool Hop, The Mommy Club Resources and Solutions, Mom’s Library, A Little Bird Told Me Linky Party, Learn and Play, Link-ups at Squishable Baby, Preschool Corner, Sharing Saturday, Tot School Gathering Place.