I’m excited to announce that We Teach has published another awesome free eBook … We Teach Summertime Learning eBook 2013! I’m one of the twenty-three contributors. The eBook is free to all members of We Teach, which is also free to join!
About the eBook
In the book, you’ll find:
- over 30 ideas for summer learning from members of We Teach
- craft ideas
- cooking ideas with ready-to-use recipes
- literacy ideas for all ages
- hands-on math ideas
- science ideas and experiments
- focused play ideas, indoors and out
- considerations for taking learning a step further
- links to all sites, blogs, and activities
- Becky Morales, Kid World Citizen
- Bon Crowder, Math Four
- Carolyn Wilhelm, Wise Owl Factory
- Crystal McClean, Crystals Tiny Treasures
- Deb Chitwood, Living Montessori Now
- Enchanted Schoolroom
- Jackie Higgins: Ready-Set-Read
- Jacquie Fisher, Edventures with Kids
- Janine LaTulippe, True Aim Education
- Jen, Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Karen Tripp, Teach Beside Me
- Katie Norris, Mommy with A Selective Memory
- Kim Vij, The Educators’ Spin On It
- Kristen, Busy Kids = Happy Mom
- Marnie, Carrots Are Orange
- MaryAnne, Mama Smiles
- Melissa Lennig, Fireflies and Mud Pies
- Rachel Harwood: Sun Scholars
- Shannon Beagle, Shannon’s Tot School
- Shaunna, Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Susan Case, Kindergarten & Preschool for Parents & Teachers
- Susan Lipman, Slow Family Online
- There’s Just One Mommy
About We Teach
To download the free eBook, you need to join the We Teach forum.
The site’s goal is:
to share the tools and resources we need so that we can all learn, share, and grow as parents–and teachers–for our children.
So, whether you teach as a parent supplementing your child’s education, as a childcare giver, as a homeschooler, or as a classroom teacher, there’s a place for you at We Teach. You can join groups for everything from product reviews to individual subjects to holidays to homeschoolers to a bloggers’ group. I lead a We Teach Montessori group for Montessori teachers, Montessori homeschoolers, and parents who want to use Montessori principles at home. Please join us! There’s even a linky for Montessori-inspired ideas and activities. You can hop on over to We Teach Montessori after linking up at Montessori Monday and link up there as well. We’re hoping to build up a great collection of Montessori-inspired ideas and activities at We Teach Montessori, too!
The 45-page eBook is downloadable for all members of We Teach. Once you’ve joined We Teach and are on the homepage, you just need to click on the link to the Summertime Learning eBook page. Then up at the top center of the screen, use the download icon to download the eBook!
Please see the we teach: Pinterest boards for pins of these ideas AND the other 30+ ideas that were submitted for eBook consideration. Even though the ideas were awesome, we couldn’t publish a 100+ page book.
More Ideas for Summer Fun and Learning
I also have a post with June Themed Activities for Kids filled with ideas for activities and calendar observances throughout the month! I’ll have calendar observances for July and August, too!
And don’t miss the School’s Out: Top 10 Series by over 25 mom bloggers from the Kid Blogger Network! In the series, you’ll find lots of ways to keep kids learning while school is out. I’ll be writing about the “Top 10 Ways to Use Montessori Principles for Summer Learning” tomorrow. You can find links to all the blog posts in the Top 10 Series at This Reading Mama.
If you’d like to create a summer bucket list, check out how to create a summer bucket list for your family! I hope you have lots of fun this summer!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), Twitter (blog posts by me and others along with the Parent/Teacher Daily and other interesting information), and Google+ (post updates and Montessori Community). I’m also a Parenting Expert on Sulia. Thank you for following me there, too. And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter in the right sidebar (you’ll get two awesome freebies in the process)!
Linked to Tuesday Tots, The Mommy Club Resources and Solutions at Milk and Cuddles and Crystal & Co., The Weekly Kid’s Co-op, Ultimate Mom Resources, Hearts for Home Blog Hop, Learn & Link, TGIF Linky Party, Preschool Corner, Sharing Saturday, Saturday Show & Tell, Share It Saturday, Show-and-Share Saturday, The Sunday Showcase, Link & Learn, Afterschool Express, and Discover and Explore: Building and Engineering with Kids.