I’m using this post to organize all the DIY Montessori materials posts I’ve published. I realized I’ve published too many for you to find them easily by using the category or tags in the sidebar.
I’ll be adding to this post whenever I publish a new DIY Montessori materials post. You’ll find resources here for homeschools or schools. There will be a new tab under the “About Montessori” tab at the top of the site with links to some of my main Montessori resource posts.
Photo Credit: Background Photo by Scott Robinson at Flickr Creative Commons.
A good place to start is with my post on how to make your own Montessori materials.
Then check out my list of Montessori materials I have DIY Montessori tutorials for:
DIY Practical Life Materials
- DIY Dressing Frames and Alternatives
- Montessori-Inspired Activities for Care of Self
- Practical Life Activities Posts
DIY Sensorial Materials
- DIY Color Tablets
- DIY Geometric Shapes
- Inexpensive and DIY Geometric Solids and Extensions
- DIY Montessori Mystery Bags
- DIY Constructive Triangles
- Sensorial Size Extensions
- DIY Sound Cylinders
- DIY Easter Egg Sound Shakers for Babies and Toddlers
- DIY Smelling Bottles
- DIY Montessori Tasting Bottles and Activities
- DIY Tactile Boards and Extensions
- Inexpensive and DIY Thermic Materials
DIY Language Materials
- Learning to Read Can Be Just a Fun Game
- Inexpensive and DIY Sandpaper Letters
- DIY Alphabet Box
- Inexpensive and DIY Movable Alphabets
- The Montessori Grammar Farm
DIY Math Materials
- Inexpensive and DIY Sandpaper Numerals
- DIY Number Rods and Alternatives
- DIY Spindle Boxes
- DIY Cards and Counters and Do You Need to Buy Montessori Cards and Counters?
- Free Printable Extensions for the Hundred Board
- DIY Bead Bars
- DIY Teen and Ten Boards
- DIY Golden Bead Materials
- DIY Addition Strip Board and Strip Board Presentations
- DIY Fraction Materials
DIY Cultural Materials
- Peace Education Activities
- Montessori-Inspired Art Appreciation
- Montessori-Inspired Music Appreciation
DIY Geography Materials
- DIY Cosmic Nesting Boxes, Map Towers, and “Me on the Map” Activities
- Land, Air, and Water
- DIY Montessori Globes
- Continent Map Work
- Easy DIY Land and Water Forms
- Montessori-Inspired Fun with Land and Water Forms
- Montessori Continent Boxes
- DIY Pin Maps
DIY Science Materials
- Living and Non-Living
- Montessori Plant and Animal Sorting
- Sink and Float Plus Extensions
- Montessori Magnetic and Non-Magnetic Activity
DIY Montessori-Based Religious Education Materials
- Fitting Montessori-Based Religious Education into Your Home
- How to Add Godly Play to Your Homeschool
- Creative Godly Play at Home – Old Testament
- Creative Godly Play at Home – Parables
- Montessori-Based Lenten Activities
- How to Use Godly Play at Home During Advent
Important Montessori Principles to Keep in Mind When Preparing Montessori Materials
More of My Lists with Ideas for Materials
How to Set Up a Montessori Homeschool Classroom has many more links for preparing a classroom.
Montessori Resources Page is filled with links to many of my main Montessori posts.
Should You Use Unit Studies? has a list of the Montessori-inspired unit studies I’ve published. The unit studies contain many themed Montessori-inspired materials.
Good Luck with your material making! 🙂
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Instagram, Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), and YouTube. While you’re here, please check out the Living Montessori Now shop.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!