Dinosaurs are a high-interest topic for any time of year. So I wanted to make this month’s subscriber freebie and PreK + K Sharing post about dinosaurs! Dinosaurs are a great way to get many reluctant learners interested in language and math. The printable pack focuses on both language and math, although the Montessori-inspired dinosaur activities I’m featuring today focus on language.
Here, I’m also sharing the links to free dinosaur printables for preschoolers through 1st graders (and sometimes older). To keep my list manageable, I don’t share coloring pages unless a page has a specific educational purpose related to dinosaurs.
At PreK + K Sharing, I tell how I used the printables to prepare Montessori-inspired dinosaur language activities. I also have links to other posts with additional ideas and presentations.
Free Printables Used in the Pictured Dinosaur Language Activities for Preschoolers-First Graders
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links (at no cost to you).
Letter D Object Basket and Writing Tray
Free Printables: Dinosaur Letters for Letter D Object Basket and Writing Tray (part of my subscriber freebie pack, so just sign up for my email to get the link and password … or check the bottom of your latest newsletter if you’re already a subscriber)
Some of the objects are ones I had at home (such as Safari Ltd. TOOB objects and a miniature wooden doll I had), although many are from Montessori Services (they have individual phonetic objects or a whole set available).
For the letter d sand tray, I used the wooden tray from the Melissa & Doug Lace and Trace Shapes. You can use whatever tray or container work best for you, though. For the sand, I sterilized sand from outdoors by baking it for 30 minutes at 200F. You can also buy sand on Amazon.
My almost-3-year-old granddaughter, Zoey, traces the sandpaper letter “d” while saying the sound.
Zoey has loved miniature objects for a long time. She also loves the letter object baskets and always looks forward to seeing what will be in the next one.
(Note: In case you’re wondering, Zoey’s outfit is from Gymboree. You’ll find some great sales there right now!)
Dinosaur Letter Tile Cards (Beginning Sounds)
Free Printable: Dinosaur Letter Tile Cards (Beginning Sounds) by Karen Cox from PreKinders at TeachersPayTeachers. There are 3 levels to this printable, so it’s very versatile. I’m showing the middle version with the missing initial sound.
Free Printable: Montessori Movable Alphabet (1 Inch Letter Tiles).
Free Printable: Dinos TOOB Key by Safari Ltd., hosted at Living Montessori Now
Free Printable: Dinosaur Syllables from Dinosaur Unit Language Printable Pack 1 by Renae at Every Star Is Different
For this activity, I used a Multicraft tray, Safari Ltd. Dinos TOOB (the dinosaurs that matched the printable cards), Montessori Services basket to hold the dinosaurs, dinosaur syllable cards, Bambu large condiment cup, small Bambu condiment cup, and miniature clothespins. You could use glass gems like Renae did at Every Star Is Different. I just used the miniature clothespins because Zoey has been especially excited about them lately.
Free Printable: Sight Word Dinosaurs from Classy Kinders by Jamie Aguilar at Teachers Pay Teachers
Free Printable: Dinosaur CVC Word Mats from Royal Baloo
Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
Free Printable: Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
More of My Resources That Include Dinosaur Activities
You’ll find lots of Montessori-inspired dinosaur activities and ideas in these Living Montessori Now posts:
Free Dinosaur Printables for Preschoolers-First Graders
Montessori-Inspired Dinosaur Pack for DIY Cards and Counters, Number or Letter Matching, Number or Letter Basket, Number or Letter Salt/Sand Writing Tray, Letter Tracing, and DIY Movable Alphabet (subscriber freebie, so just sign up for my email to get the link and password – or check your inbox if you’re already a subscriber)
- Dinosaur Unit with Free Printables from Every Star Is Different
- Dinosaur Unit 2 with Free Printables from Every Star Is Different
- Dinosaur Unit 3 with Free Printables from Every Star Is Different
- Montessori-Inspired Time Line of Life Activities with Free Printables from Every Star Is Different
- Dinosaur Unit for Tots with Free Printables from Every Star Is Different
- Dinosaurs Set 1 from Montessori Print Shop
- Dinosaur Fact Cards and Worksheet from The Pinay Homeschooler
- Feathered Dinosaur Cards from The Pinay Homeschooler
- Dinosaur Skulls 3-Part Cards from In Our Pond
- Dinosaur Kindergarten Pack from Royal Baloo
- Dinosaur Printables from Royal Baloo
- Dinosaur Pack from 3 Dinosaurs
- Dinosaur Dot Markers from 3 Dinosaurs
- Dinosaur Gross Motor Dice from 3 Dinosaurs (plus many more free dinosaur printables!)
- Jump into Summer Learning: Dinosaurs from3 Dinosaurs and Royal Baloo
- Dinosaur Free Printable Sight Word Game from Brain Power Boy
- Dinosaur Early Learning Pack from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Dinosaur Fact Cards and Writing Prompts from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Dinosaur Printables from Making Learning Fun
- Dinosaurs Printables from Kids-Dinosaurs
- Dinosaur Printables from Preschool Mom
- Dinosaur Printables from Busy Bee Kids Printables
- Dinosaur Printables from ABC Teach
- Dinosaur Themed Logic Puzzles from Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational
- “If I Had a Pet Dinosaur” Printable from Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational
- Dinosaur Pre-K Pack from Over the Big Moon
- D is for Dinosaur from First School
- Dinosaur Printables from DLTK
- Free Dinosaur Emergent Readers (funny) from The Measured Mom
- Dinosaur Double Addition Game from The Measured Moom
- Dinosaur Train Tot Pack from 1+1+1=1
- Dinosaur Train Printables from PBS Kids
- Printable for My Visit to the Dinosaurs by Aliki from Wise Owl Factory
- Dinosaur Printables from PreK-8
- Dinosaur Printables from Itsy Bitsy Fun
- PreK Letter D from Confessions of a Homeschooler
- Dinosaur Printables from Pre-K Pages
- Dinosaur Printables from PreKinders
- Dinosaur Maze from Print Activities
- Dinosaur Printables from Activity Village
- Boy, Were We Wrong About Dinosaurs! from Pitner’s Potpourri
- Dinosaur Themed Party from Place of My Taste
- Dinosaur Printables from Teachers Pay Teachers
- Dinosaur Printables from Teachers Notebook (the word search can’t be saved, so just search for dinosaur and free when you’re there)
Helpful Post with Animal Classification
Please join me at PreK + K Sharing for ideas on how to use the free printables to create Montessori-inspired dinosaur language activities: Montessori-Inspired Dinosaur Language Activities Using Free Printables.
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), Twitter (blog posts by me and others along with the Parent/Teacher Daily and other interesting information), and Google+ (post updates). You can find me on bloglovin’, Instagram, and YouTube now, too. And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter in the right sidebar. You’ll get two awesome freebies in the process and a password each month for exclusive subscriber freebies!
May be linked to Practical Mondays Link Up, Hip Homeschool Hop, The Mommy Club Resources and Solutions, A Little Bird Told Me Linky Party, Link-ups at Squishable Baby, Preschool Corner, Sharing Saturday, Tot School Gathering Place.