Gardening teaches kids so many skills. Whether you’re planning a gardening unit for a homeschool or school classroom, there are free Montessori materials available online that can add to your unit. I’ve put together a list to help you with any gardening unit.
My Posts with Free Printable Botany Materials
- Montessori-Inspired Botany/Gardening Unit
- Shoots and Sprouts Activities + Free Printable from Montessori By Mom
- Free Eat-a-Rainbow Printables and Montessori-Inspired Activities
- Montessori-Inspired Vegetable Unit
- Montessori-Inspired Fruit Unit
- The Ultimate Guide to Montessori-Inspired Leaf Resources and Activities
- Free Flower Printables and Montessori-Inspired Flower Math Activities
- Free Tree Printables and Montessori-Inspired Tree Activities
Free Printable Montessori Botany Materials Available in Other Blogs
Images in Collage:
- Botany materials (From Plant to Food, Whole and Half Fruit, All about Plants Printable Book (Plant Kingdom Image part of that printable), Life Cycle of a Pumpkin, and Life Cycle of an Apple) from Montessori for Everyone
- Parts of the Seed Nomenclature Cards and Little Booklet from The Helpful Garden (not available right now. You can sign up for the newsletter and subscriber resource library for Foresight Montessori, but this particular printable hasn’t been transferred yet.
- Parts of a Tree and Parts of a Leaf and Parts of a Tree (subscriber freebies) from Trillium Montessori
- Parts of a Plant and Parts of a Tree (subscriber freebies) from The Natural Homeschool
Botany materials from Montessori Materials (Some materials are available for purchase, but there are many free materials with purple links for leaf, plant, flower, and root cards and booklets.)
Images in Collage:
- Elementary Leaf Unit from Temple of Ganesha Montessori
- Fruits and Seeds 3-Part Cards (subscriber freebie) from Mama’s Happy Hive
- Spring Flower and Bulb Identification Cards (pictured) and Leaf Identification Cards (subscriber freebie) from Wildflower Ramblings
- Montessori Flower Matching Cards – Part to Whole from Montessori Cards and Activities at Teachers Pay Teachers
- Bilingual Garden Markers from Uno Zwei Tutu (no longer available)
Leaf Cards, Booklet, and Wall Charts from Homemade Montessori
Plant Activities and Subscriber Freebies from Every Star Is Different (Go to Free Printables tab at the top of the Every Star Is Different blog, then to Thematic Activities, then to Plant Activities and Free Printables.)
Botany album/activities from Wikisori
Botany album/activities from Montessori Album
Directions for Using the Materials:
More Gardening Resources:
Check out my Gardening/Botany Pinterest Board for many more gardening activities.
Have fun gardening and learning about plants! 🙂
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Instagram, Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), and YouTube. While you’re here, please check out the Living Montessori Now shop.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!