If you have a vehicle lover, you’ll find that vehicles are some of the best tools you can use to teach a wide variety of concepts. They’re great hands-on learning objects for kids who aren’t obsessed with vehicles, too. Land, air, and water sorting is one of the early Montessori geography activities for preschoolers. Land, air, and water transportation sorting is typically one of the most popular land, air, and water activities you’ll prepare.
It’s best to start with two introductory Montessori land, air, and water activities before transportation sorting. You’ll find those two lessons in the free geography album by Karen Tyler of KHT Montessori.
If you sign up for my weekly newsletter, you’ll receive the free geography album (and lots of other great freebies)! Starting on page 47 of the album, you’ll find thorough directions for introducing land, air, and water in two separate lessons. Right after those two lessons is a presentation for land, air, and water transportation sorting.
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links (at no cost to you).
Montessori Land, Air, and Water Transportation Printables for Activities
Free Transportation Land, Air, and Water Sort by Kristen Campbell on Teachers Pay Teachers
Free Transportation Sort and other Transportation Printables from Totschooling
Free Land, Air, Water Transportation Sorting Game from Nuttin’ But Preschool
- Modes of Transportation for Land, Air, and Water (available for purchase) from Montessori Print Shop
- Montessori-Inspired Land, Air, and Water Transportation Cards (available for purchase) from The Pinay Homeschooler
- Transportation 3-Part Cards for Land, Air, Water in English, Spanish, or Bilingual (available for purchase) from Uno Zwei Tutu
- Sorting Land, Air, and Water Transportation Modes (available for purchase) from Gift of Curiosity
- Montessori Land, Air, and Water Sorting Printables (available for purchase) by a variety of sellers on Teachers Pay Teachers
Montessori Land, Water, and Air Transportation Activities
I have an activity with a land and water map from Pin It! Maps with Land, air, and water transportation figures from Safari Ltd. (On the Road, In the Sky, and In the Water TOOBS)
- Transportation Sorting by Land, Air, Sea from Counting Coconuts
- Land, Air, and Water Vehicles and Land, Air, and Water Military Vehicles (free printable) from Every Star Is Different
Here’s a fun song and YouTube video about transportation by Nancy Kopman!
I’d love to hear about your Montessori land, air, and water transportation activities!
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy! I’m also one of the coauthors of the book Learn with Play – 150+ Activities for Year-round Fun & Learning!
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll get two awesome freebies (and a monthly subscriber freebie) in the process!