I’m excited to tell you about our latest printable packs … Thank You for Planet Earth (or Thank You, Planet Earth) mindfulness cards and booklet in manuscript or cursive! The mindfulness cards and booklet are perfect for Earth Day. They’re also perfect for Earth Day Any Day! They can be used any time of year to focus on mindfulness and gratitude for our planet home.
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links (at no cost to you).
Be sure to read about the Montessori Spring Mega Bundle!!!
Don’t miss the Montessori Spring Mega Bundle at 95% off through March 29!!! (But don’t purchase the Thank You for Planet Earth (or Thank You, Planet Earth) Mindfulness Cards and Booklet if you’re purchasing the Mega Bundle. They’re included in the Mega Bundle.)
The Montessori Spring Mega Bundle is available for one week only.
In the bundle, you’ll get $400 worth of printables from 28 contributors for only $19 (or $24 with resource guide). If you’d like to see a sample of the 80-page resource guide, you can see it here.
Contributors and products included in the Montessori Spring Mega Bundle:
3 Little Lambs Homestead
- DIY Re-usable Teabag Guide
Carrots Are Orange
- Montessori Activity Packs (Butterfly, Chicken and Frog)
Chickie and Roo
- Flower Prep Pack
- Garden Unit Lower & Upper Elementary
Every Star Is Different
- Bird Printable Bundle
- Garden Bird Eggs
- Garden Bird Pack
- Spring Early Years Curriculum Pack
The Gentle + Classical Press
- On Mission: India (Unit Study Guide)
Green Urban Mama
- Pacific Northwest Alphabet Cards
- Rainbow Trout Life Cycle
- Spring & Easter Themed Printable Placemats
Little Spark Company
- I Can Read Bingo
Living Montessori Now
- Thank You for Planet Earth (or Thank You, Planet Earth) Mindfulness Cards and Booklet in Manuscript & Cursive
Mamas Happy Hive
- Wildflowers – Montessori 3-Part Cards
- Lily Life-Cycle Montessori 3-Part Cards & Spinner
- Daffodil Life-Cycle Montessori 3-Part Cards & Spinner
- Parts of a Daffodil (flower) Montessori 3-Part Cards & Worksheets
- Parts of a Lily (flower) Montessori 3-Part Cards & Worksheets
- Printable Montessori Color Tablets
- Ultimate Montessori-Inspired Color Printable Bundle
- Spring Money Bundle
- Spring Preschool Pack
- Helpful to the Earth Vs. Harmful to the Earth – Sort
Montessori Tube Academy
- Magnets Investigation Activities
- Castles Bundle
Musik at Home
- Class Planner & Instrument Practice Chart
My Montessori Hub
- Species of Dogs Bundle
(3-part cards, poster, memory cards, initial sound cards,
math activity cards)
Natural Beach Living
- All About Birds Study Pack
- Earth Day Pack
- Spring Planting Printable
Plenty of Trays
- The Life of Jesus – Bible Verses
Stephanie Hathaway Designs
- Backyard Foraging Bundle
Stories Begin At Home
- Easter Bundle
- Easter Devotional And Scripture Art
Tackle Box Montessori
- Montessori Weather Bundle
The Art Kit
- Spring Weather Bundle
The Natural Homeschool
- Flowers Printable Set Bundle
The Peaceful Press
- Garden Guide
Twig and Moth
- Anatomy & Life Cycle Prints
Willfully Serving His Children
- Purposeful Bake Study
Montessori-Inspired Printables at Living Montessori Now
My daughter, Christina (a former Montessori child), and I have partnered to bring you a series of Montessori-inspired printables. The printables are typically themed and use a number of Montessori principles (although you don’t need to be a Montessori teacher or homeschooler to use them):
- They use isolation of quality.
- They use photographs or realistic images to emphasize reality.
- They typically use traditional Montessori colors such as red for consonants and blue for vowels.
- They emphasize lowercase letters, which are what we introduce letter sounds with in Montessori education. (Children tend to pick up the uppercase letters without being introduced if they’re introduced to the lowercase letter sounds.)
- They often feature themed printable versions of Montessori materials.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links (at no cost to you).
Thank You for Planet Earth (or Thank You, Planet Earth) Mindfulness Cards and Booklet in Manuscript or Cursive
These are new products in our Living Montessori Now shop! These Montessori-inspired printable packs have an Earth Day Every Day theme. They can be used at any time of year to focus on mindfulness and gratitude for our planet home. There are 60 different realistic images with manuscript sentences that can be used as mindfulness cards, vocabulary cards, or for making a booklet. There are two cover options (“Thank You for Planet Earth” or “Thank You, Planet Earth”), depending on whether you want a religious or secular emphasis. The pack also includes 60 manuscript sentence tracing cards or pages for a booklet. Each pack is $5.95.
These are the booklet pages or options for display cards or vocabulary cards (just use as many or few as you want):
Thank You for Planet Earth – satellite photo of Planet Earth – one possibility for your cover
Thank you, Planet Earth – satellite photo of Planet Earth – the other possibility for your cover
- Thank you for land, air, and water. – landscape with land, air, and water at Lake Obersee, Germany
- Thank you for land. – aerial view of meadows
- Thank you for mountains. – Rocky Mountains
- Thank you for plateaus. – Colorado Plateau at Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- Thank you for hills. – hills
- Thank you for plains. – plains of South Dakota on a summer day
- Thank you for valleys. – Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park, California
- Thank you for canyons. – Grand Canyon, Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
- Thank you for minerals. – mineral – amethyst
- Thank you for rocks. – zen balance rocks
- Thank you for grass. – grass
- Thank you for trees. – cypress trees
- Thank you for flowers. – flowers – meadow full of wildflowers
- Thank you for mosses. – moss-covered stones
- Thank you for ferns. – young spring ferns unfurling
- Thank you for forests. – forest at daytime
- Thank you for grasslands. – savanna grassland with lone acacia tree in Serengeti National Park, Africa
- Thank you for deserts. – Sonoran Desert, Arizona
- Thank you for sandy beaches. – sandy beach near an ocean
- Thank you for cliffs. – Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
- Thank you for nuts. – walnuts growing on a walnut tree
- Thank you for grains. – oats plant in an oats field
- Thank you for vegetables. – spinach plants
- Thank you for fruits. – strawberry field
- Thank you for legumes. – soybean plant in a soybean field
- Thank you for seeds. – sunflower seeds growing in sunflower plants
- Thank you for fast animals. – cheetah running in South Africa
- Thank you for slow animals. – sloth
- Thank you for big animals. – African elephant, Antelope Park Nature Reserve, Gweru, Zimbabwe
- Thank you for small animals. – pygmy shrew
- Thank you for furry animals. – angora rabbit
- Thank you for spiky animals. – echidna
- Thank you for scaly animals. – pangolin searching for ants
- Thank you for wooly animals. – Icelandic sheep
- Thank you for hairy animals. – mother and infant mountain gorillas
- Thank you for hairless animals. – Sphynx cat (hairless cat breed that may be hairless but typically has a suede-like, downy coat)
- Thank you for air. – air (sky)
- Thank you for sunny skies. – sunny sky
- Thank you for cloudy skies. – cloudy sky at sunset
- Thank you for night skies. – night sky with Milky Way
- Thank you for wind. – dandelion seeds blowing on the wind
- Thank you for birds that fly. – ruby-throated hummingbird
- Thank you for insects that fly. – migrating monarch butterflies in Michoacán, Mexico
- Thank you for mammals that fly. – flying fox (fruit bat)
- Thank you for water. – water
- Thank you for oceans. – Pacific Ocean, Point Reyes, California
- Thank you for seas. – Mediterranean Sea
- Thank you for lakes. – Lake Lungern, Switzerland
- Thank you for rivers. – Amazon River in Brazil (aerial view)
- Thank you for streams – stream in a forest
- Thank you for waterfalls. – Kuang Si Falls, Laos
- Thank you for coral reefs – coral colony, Red Sea, Egypt
- Thank you for huge mammals that live in the ocean. – blue whale
- Thank you for huge fish that live in the ocean. – whale shark
- Thank you for small ocean animals. – pink pygmy seahorse in sea fan coral
- Thank you for ocean plants – underwater kelp forest
- Thank you for freshwater fish. – rainbow trout
- Thank you for our planet home. – Planet Earth in outer space
Ideas for Using Thank You for Planet Earth (or Thank You, Planet Earth) Mindfulness Cards and Booklet
There are so many different ways you can use these printables. Here are just a few:
After a nature walk to collect flowers, my grandkids Sophia (2 years old), Caleb (2 years old), and Zoey (6 years old) had fun making a flower sensory bottle (flower calming bottle) to go with the “Thank you for flowers” mindfulness card.
Zoey arranged some of the flowers in a vase to go with the card. We also used a dotted tracing page from the cursive booklet that says “Thank you for flowers.” First, Zoey built the sentence using our cursive movable alphabet. Then she traced the sentence on the page. (Note: If you noticed that this page image is different from the one in the final pack, it’s because I took the photo before the pack was published. I ended up finding a photo of wildflowers that I liked better, which is in the final pack.)
This is the small mindfulness area on the shelf that I prepared using the “Thank you for flowers” manuscript card with the flower sensory bottle (calming bottle).
At another time, I set up a small mindfulness area using the “Thank you for rocks” mindfulness card along with a basket of beach rocks and the Japanese sand garden I had from other mindfulness/peace education activities.
Zoey loved working with the materials! She spent a long time making different designs in the sand using the zen garden rakes and then using the rocks for zen balancing rocks.
These are the Montessori-friendly books you see behind Zoey on the shelf in the photo. I love the way they go so well with the mindfulness cards.
This is a display I prepared for my toddler grandkids. I used the lovely Montessori-friendly board book I’m Thankful Each Day with the booklet I made from a number of the pages. (Note: The book I’m Thankful for Each Day is a religious book thanking God for the “joys of each day.”)
For the booklet, I cut off the outer border for simplicity. You can leave it on if you prefer, but I just use that for vocabulary cards or mindfulness display cards.
Caleb and Sophia love looking at the “Thank You for Planet Earth” booklet. Here, they’re looking at the “Thank you for fruits” page. They both love strawberries, and Caleb was telling Sophia about getting strawberries at the farmers’ market!
For toddlers, you could create matching cards using 2 sets of some of the cards in the pack. Just choose whichever pages you want to use!
Tracing cards or tracing booklets can be prepared using either the manuscript or cursive printables. Individualize however you wish! 🙂
The Living Montessori Now Shop
We have some wonderful products for you in our Living Montessori Now shop! Be sure to check them out while you’re there. The prices are very reasonable, and you’ll find lots of help for Montessori at home or in the classroom. Right now (until further notice), we’re having a We’re All in This Together Sale with 50% off your entire order of printables (no coupon code needed)!
Free Printables at Living Montessori Now
See my Free Montessori Printables category for free Montessori-inspired instant downloads
If you subscribe to my mailing list, you’ll get the 177-page KHT Montessori geography album free! And you’ll get the password each month to a new Montessori-inspired subscriber freebie! All previous months’ packs are available in the Living Montessori Now subscriber resource library as well as the current month’s pack. Just sign up for my email to get the link and password! See images of the available subscriber freebie packs here.
You’ll also find more free printables through my free printables page.
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), Instagram, and YouTube. You can find me on bloglovin’ and Twitter, too.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!