Our blog address is: https://livingmontessorinow.com.
The blog Living Montessori Now (“Blog”) is written and edited by me, Deb Chitwood.
- This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, or other forms of compensation.
- This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
- The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though I may receive compensation for posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinion on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Blog;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. I try to limit the number of emails I send to one per week. On occasion, I might send two during a certain week if there’s a special sale or giveaway. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as confirmation emails and updates on policies;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the blog;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Blog may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Blog. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Blog currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Blog usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Blog. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. Please refer to Google Analytics cookie usage for further information.
Social Warfare plugin is used for social media sharing.
This list may be amended from time to time in the Blog’s sole discretion.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit Opt Out – NAI: Network Advertising Initiative. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at YourAdChoices.com | AppChoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please click here.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Living Montessori Now is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt out of data collection, please click here
On the Blog, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Blog to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This information will not be passed on to third parties.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What rights you have over your data
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of my emails. You may also notify me at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com
Amend – You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
At no time should you submit sensitive personal information, such as your social security number, to the Blog.
The Blog does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Blog has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Please use any of the ideas found on this blog with the following criterion:
- Use only one picture with a link to the original post if you are sharing this on a blog or site. You may use one watermarked picture of mine or the roundup collage or photo with text at the top of the post. You don’t have permission to use another blogger’s individual photo from this site. (I’ve obtained permission from the individual bloggers to use those photos on this site.)
- Please do not re-post an entire blog post or distribute printed out content without written permission from me.
- Contact me via my contact page or at email@example.com for any other permissions.
- The owner and writer of this blog accepts no liability. Readers following instructions and suggestions made by the owner and writer are responsible for their own safety and the safety of minors in their care. All activities require adult supervision.
- Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, service provider, or party in question.
Last updated: July 6, 2020.