I have an exciting giveaway – my first – and it’s a GREAT one! Earlier, I wrote about Karen Tyler’s Montessori Album Class and gave you ways to get her wonderful geography album and 3-part botany and zoology cards for free.
Karen will be starting a new Montessori Album Class on December 1, and I’m hoping you’ll contact Karen and sign up if you’re interested. Karen’s class is worth SO MUCH MORE than it costs, and I highly recommend it. The post I mentioned earlier tells more about it. (Note: the giveaway is open to anyone whether they sign up for the Montessori Album Class or not!)
Now, for the giveaway:
What You Will Win: The entire 3 Montessori Reading Kit Downloads from Karen Tyler (Pink, Blue, and Green Kits)! These normally sell for $75 for all 3 kits!
As a Montessori teacher, I taught many children to read without difficulty using the Montessori reading curriculum. I used it to teach my own children to read. I haven’t found a better reading system.
Here’s some helpful information that Karen wrote about the Montessori pink, blue, and green curriculum:
I want to tell you about it and why I think it is the BEST way for your child to learn read!
Success! I have used this phonetic reading approach for over 20 years and I know from experience that it WORKS! If started at the beginning with the “initial sounds”, children have a firm foundation to work the program. When should you start this program? I begin with the “Sandpaper Letters” and “The Initial Sound Bins” at around 2½ years of age. I have started children as early as 2 years of age. It depends on the child’s interest in the “Sandpaper Letters.”
After a child learns about half of the sounds, they go right into the Pink Reading activities! Soon they are reading “cat”, “dog”, “sit” and other 2-3 letter phonetic words. There are many activities that reinforce the initial sounds and beginning words. Children just love the “Object and Word Boxes” that have miniature objects and word cards.
Next, the child is in Blue Reading which includes 4 and more letter words! “Sentence Cards”, “Blue Secrets”, and “Blue Books” are a few of the activities that help reinforce this level of reading.
Finally, we are ready to understand about the exceptions, the words that are not phonetic.
“Phonogram Cards” and “Picture Word Lists” are followed by “Double Ending Consonants” and “Silent Long “e” plus many other activities. We finish up with “Mysterious Non-Phonetic Words”.
Each of the Pink, Blue and Green Kits include:
1. Directions on how to make the materials of each activity.
2. Step-by-step lessons on how to present the materials.
3. Master Sheets, which contain pages of words and black and white drawings that you will use to make up the activities.
5. Place in small boxes, baskets, containers, envelopes (whichever you choose).
All you will need to do is:
1. Copy the activities on the appropriate pink, blue or green cardstock paper or color the black and white drawings with colored pencils.
2. Follow the easy directions and simple diagrams and cut out the pictures and words.
3. If you colored your pictures you will need to mount the words and pictures on the appropriate color (pink, blue, green) poster board.
4. Laminate (optional)
How to Enter:
You can enter multiple times! Please make a separate comment below for each entry. You have many chances to win! This giveaway is open to anyone 18 and older worldwide.
MANDATORY ENTRY (worth 1):
Leave a comment telling why you would like to win the Montessori reading kits.
BONUS ENTRIES (worth 1 each) Leave a comment for EACH of the following things you do:
* Subscribe to Karen Tyler’s newsletter.
* Subscribe to my newsletter (and get Montessori quotes plus Karen Tyler’s geography album FREE when you sign up!) – see my sidebar.
* Follow me via Google Friend Connect (see my sidebar).
*Follow me via Networked Blogs (see my sidebar).
* “Like” Living Montessori Now on Facebook.
* Vote for me on Picket Fence Blogs (vote ONCE DAILY for extra entries).
* Follow @DebChitwood on Twitter.
*Tweet about the giveaway (tweet ONCE DAILY for extra entries) – something like: Enter to win #Montessori Reading Curriculum from @DebChitwood & LivingMontessoriNow.com! http://bit.ly/d8OzNU #giveaway #ece
* Share anywhere on the web! Leave me a separate comment/link for each share. http://bit.ly/d8OzNU
Contest ends Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 11:59 p.m. MST. Winner will be drawn randomly and announced on Wednesday, October 27. Best of luck! 🙂