Welcome to the May Teach/Learn. Here are some posts bloggers have come up with on this month’s theme, ‘Outdoors.’ They have some great ideas for getting outside while you teach and learn.
- Catherine from Adventures With Kids created some garden mobiles to decorate the trees around their sandpit.
- Deb Chitwood at Living Montessori Now shares some of her favorite ways her family discovered to fully experience nature wherever they lived.
- Jenny Kable from Let the Children Play had her students creating their own obstacle course, because if you give children loads of interupted time to play in an outdoor environment filled with enticing loose parts, their imagination and creativity really takes off.
- Mamapoekie from Authentic Parenting wrote about making the outdoors an extension of your home, to encourage outdoor time by making your garden homely and attractive.
- Monique at Your Cheeky Monkey is exploring outside play ideas for winter with her boys.
- Deb from [email protected] had a whole list of ideas for playing outside with cute pictures.
Have you been getting outdoors? Add some ideas in the Living Montessori Now Community outdoors discussion! If you live in the U.S., have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! (There’s also a Living Montessori Now Community Memorial Day discussion.) If you’re in the UK, have fun getting outdoors during this bank holiday weekend! 🙂