I was very happy and honored to receive the Versatile Blogger Award this month from Phyllis at All Things Beautiful! And I’m so happy to be able to pass the award on to some wonderful blogs!
I’ve seen a number of different rules for the Versatile Blogger Award. I’m going to use the following set of rules today to pass on the award to some new blogs I’ve just recently discovered.
First, for the Versatile Blogger Award, I must:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave me the award.
Thank you, Phyllis! I love All Things Beautiful for your great homeschooling activities and inspiration!
2. Share 7 things about myself.
I’m going to answer 7 questions I was asked by Joelle at Homeschooling for His Glory in a “Tag You’re It” Post.
1. What is the one thing you find the most difficult about homeschooling? I think recording our activities was the most difficult thing for me. If I would have had a blog back when we homeschooled, I think I would have done a much better job of that!
2. What is the one thing in your children (or one of your children) that you have the hardest time to deal with or manage? As a non-athletic person, I found it challenging to raise two competitive athletes. I loved watching them skate but found the competitive part of competitive sports more difficult to manage. I learned to deal with it by focusing more and more on character development and the journey rather than the end result.
3. What is the most amazing place you have ever visited? I’ve loved being able to travel to so many places around the world through figure skating. The most amazing place I visited might have been Turin, Italy, when Christina competed in the 2010 World Figure Skating Championships. My favorite place to visit is still San Diego, where my kids and kids-in-law now live!
4. What do you like to do when you are alone? I always love to read.
5. How many days of the week (on average) does your scheduling gets followed? When we homeschooled, we probably followed our scheduling 4 out of the 5 days each week, although we always allowed for necessary changes.
6. Are you the kind that lets the folded laundry sit awhile before putting away or it gets put away right away? I’m a laundry hater, so my natural tendency is to let the folded (or unfolded!) laundry sit awhile before putting it away. FlyLady has helped a lot with that. Now I try to always tell myself, “Right away is the easy way.”
7. Do you plan the Christmas season out? I’m a person who does a lot of planning in my head. To a certain extent, I plan the Christmas season out and follow a number of traditions. But we always do a lot of planning as the season progresses – sometimes the day before an event!
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who I have recently discovered and think are fabulous (also contact the bloggers I chose and let them know about the award).
It’s always difficult for me to choose because I find so many blogs I love. There are also many great blogs I’ve already passed an award on to. Please check out my Award posts to see those blogs. This time I’m passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to 15 fabulous parenting/education/homeschool bloggers I discovered in the last month or so.
And always, I am SO thankful to have you as a reader. To you, I happily pass on: