The New Year (or new school year) is a great time to introduce or reinforce your child’s understanding of months and seasons. If you aren’t using a daily calendar with your child, it’s great to start introducing daily calendar activities.
Montessori for Everyone has some lovely free printables that are very helpful in preparing Montessori-inspired activities to help your child understand time in the form of months and seasons. At Montessori for Everyone, you’ll find free printables for recording the weather, calendar activity set, months of the year cards, seasons and clothing matching, the four seasons cards, and seasons matching cards. The downloadable pdf files have suggestions for making the printables into Montessori-oriented activities.
Another wonderful resource for calendar activities is Counting Coconuts. Check out the post “Our Classroom Calendar & Circle Time.” and the free calendar cards!
- For some fun ways to add interest, check out my post “Enliven Your Homeschool with Some Calendar Fun.”
- See my monthly calendar observances and themed activities for kids.
- Check out my simple magnetic or Velcro calendar activity for toddlers or preschoolers.
- You’ll find songs about months of the year in my “Free New Year’s Songs and Rhymes for Circle Times.”
- There are more hands-on months and seasons activities in this post: “Montessori-Inspired Months and Seasons Activities for Hands-on Learning.”
- This post includes a fun way for young children to understand the science behind months and seasons: “Montessori New Year’s Celebration.”
- See my category of posts about seasons. (It includes posts with free songs and rhymes for circle time for each season.)
Do you have a favorite calendar activity and/or activity to teach your child the months and seasons?
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), Instagram, and YouTube. You can find me on bloglovin’ and Twitter, too.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!