February is one of the most popular times for a dental health unit, since it’s Dental Health Month. But it’s fine to have a dental health unit any time of the year. Self care is always important!
Care of self is an essential part of the Montessori practical life curriculum. While it’s important to focus on dental health and teeth cleaning in a dental health unit, you can add any teeth-related activities for interest and to work on skills in various curriculum areas. You might have a focus on dental health in a community helpers unit, “all about me” unit, personal hygiene unit, or prevention unit.
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links (at no cost to you).
- Teeth materials (available for purchase) from Montessori Print Shop
- Parts of a Tooth Nomenclature Cards (available for purchase) from Montessori for Everyone
- Free Parts of the Tooth Cards from Elementary Observations
- Human Tooth Names (Subscriber Freebie) from The Natural Homeschool
- Dental Unit with Free Printables from Every Star Is Different
Free Teeth Development Nomenclature Cards and Dental Lessons – Definition Cards from The Pinay Homeschooler
Free Parts of a Tooth 3-Part Cards from Homeschooling My Kinetic Kids
Free Teeth and Tooth Fairy Multi-Book Theme Unit from Homeschool Share
Free Teeth Diagram from Education.com
Montessori Parts of the Mouth Cards (available for purchase) from Montessori Nature
Free Dental Health Printables from A Teaching Mommy
Free Dentist Printable Packs from Royal Baloo
Free Tooth Fairy Pack from 3 Dinosaurs
Montessori-Inspired Dental Health Activities and Teeth-Related Activities
- Dental Unit (including math and art activities and an activity for brushing chocolate frosting off elk teeth) from Discovery Kidzone Montessori Adventures
- Toothbrush Water Play (photo) and more Dental Health Month Activities from Teach Preschool
- Dental Hygiene Tips and Tricks from Mama’s Happy Hive
- The Soda and Egg Brushing Experiment from Our Montessori Home
Brushing Teeth from Montessori Mom
Dental Health Activities from Our Montessori Story
The Soda and Egg Brushing Experiment (including math activities as well as dental health activities) at From the Hive
Dental Health Science Teeth Experiment from Pre-K Pages
Activity of the Week – Montessori-Inspired Trays for Care of Self (featuring a tray for tooth brushing from Jada Roo Can Do)
Homeschool Theme: Dentist and Teeth from The Nature of Grace
Home Montessori Preschool: Dental Health Unit from Nightchayde
Model Mouth Craft for Preschoolers from Teaching Mama
- Dental Unit for Kids (photo) from The Pinay Homeschooler
- Brush Away Alphabet Germs and Song from Growing Book By Book
- Learn to Brush Teeth by Scrubbing Dinosaurs and Teach Children to Floss Teeth with Playdough (Photo) from Sugar Spice and Glitter
- Dentist Playdough from Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Brushing a Baby Doll’s Teeth from The Imagination Tree
Making a Playdough Model Mouth with Teeth from Our Time to Learn
Parts of a Tooth Playdough Model from Primary Theme Park
Dental Hygiene Activities for Preschoolers from The Preschool Toolbox
How to Use Montessori Methods to Teach Good Grooming from eHow Family
Brushing Teeth the Montessori Way (for a baby, giving choices and showing respect) from Ups and Downs of O
- Dental Health for Preschoolers (photo – Language Dental Tray) from Sorting Sprinkles
- Tot School: Dental Health and Tot School: Dental Health (2) (photo – Roll and Cover Dental Game) from The Preschool Experiment
- Race to Lose a Tooth: A Counting Game from Toddler Approved
Healthy Teeth Lesson Plan from Meet Penny
Dental Health Theme from Pre-K Pages
Dental Project from Non-Native Mommy
Activities for Dental Health Month from Jewels
Dental Unit from Journey to Josie
Routine Chart (including tooth brushing) from Nurturing Learning
D is for Dentist from Life with Moore Babies
Dental Health Sensory Play from Still Playing School
Brush Your Teeth Preschool Craft from Paper and Glue
Spooning Shark’s Teeth
Dental Health Unit Study Pinterest Board
I have a Dental Health Unit Study Pinterest board with teeth-related activities of all types.
I hope these are helpful for your dental health unit!
You’ll find many more Montessori activities for care of self here.
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards) and Twitter (blog posts by me and others along with the Parent/Teacher Daily and other interesting information). You can find me on bloglovin’, Instagram, and YouTube, too.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll get awesome freebies in the process!