A bird unit study can be a great zoology unit for schools and homeschools at any time of the year. Of course, many study birds in the spring and before Easter, a natural time to study eggs. But whenever you choose to study birds, there are lots of amazing Montessori-inspired bird resources available!
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links (at no cost to you.)
Montessori-Inspired Bird Printables and Resources
There are so many printables and activities available now for a bird unit! Look for the lists of free printables in the posts with free printables in this section. You’ll find lots and lots of free resources there!
Bird Unit Syllabus from Every Star Is Different (very helpful in putting together a bird unit)
Montessori Bird Printables from Teachers Pay Teachers
Bird Materials from Montessori Services
Montessori-Inspired Bird Activities
Montessori-Inspired Easter Activities – includes lots of Easter egg activities (my roundup post)
Now I Know My ABCs ~ Ff is for Feathers by Maureen from Spell Outloud at Totally Tots
Montessori Zoology – Bird Unit for Preschool from Little Montessori House
- Bird Posts at Totally Tots, including Bird Sensory Tub by Cindy from Along the Way
- Bird Posts (including Montessori-Inspired Bird Activities for Preschoolers – photo) from The Pinay Homeschooler
- Montessori-Inspired Bird Unit from Mama’s Happy Hive
- Birds Eating Worms Practical Life Activity from PreKinders
Bird Posts from Little Tiger Growing Up
Bird Posts from Early Education with Antek and Kuba
Bird Posts from My Little Princess World
Bird Unit from Refined Metals Academy
B Is for Bird Preschool Unit from The Silvan Reverie
Learning About Birds in the Montessori Preschool Classroom from Montessori Nature
- Montessori Bird Feeding Activity from Confessions of a Montessori Mom
- Bird Matching Basket and Bird Seed Garland from How We Montessori
Easy Shaped Bird Feeders Kids Can Make from Sugar Spice and Glitter
Bird Unit from The Homeschool Den
Birdwatching Posts from A Montessori Musing Place
Paper Bag Bird Nests from Montessori Mama
- DJ’s Bird Work, Bird Work Area, Following Lil: The Bird Lover (photo) from The Work Plan
- Bird Posts (including Bird Themed Unit Study (photo) from Montessori From the Heart
- Montessori Resources for Learning about Birds from Trillium Montessori
Birdfeeder Hanging Just Outside Classroom Window from Tree House Preschool Daycare
Learning About Birds from Spell Outloud
- Our Trays ~ April, Chicken Eggs, Amazing Products from Montessori Print Shop (photo), Egg Observations, Bird Crafts, and Baby Chicks from Discovery Moments
- Bird Posts from Nurturing Learning (photo from Bird Puzzle Post – The printable used isn’t available, but you could use a parts of the bird printable like this.)
- Bird Booklet and Puzzle and Bird Labeling with Grammar Symbols (photo) from Mi Escuelita Montessori
Creating Sound Bingo from Bird Songs (Elementary Project) from We Don’t Need No Education
Time Line of Life from Miss Barbara (Elementary)
Bird Unit Study Pinterest Board
I have a Bird Unit Study Pinterest Board with lots of bird activities of all types and for many levels.
I hope you have as much fun studying birds as we have! 🙂
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), Instagram, and YouTube. You can find me on bloglovin’ and Twitter, too.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!