I was thrilled last year to make the Circle of Moms’ Top 25 Homeschooling Blogs for 2011! I hadn’t realized nominations were open for 2012 until I saw another blogger’s post on Facebook. I discovered someone had nominated Living Montessori Now again! Thanks so much to the person who nominated me for Top 25 Homeschooling Moms 2012!
I truly appreciate the extra publicity to help introduce more homeschoolers to Montessori techniques and principles and to have the chance to encourage more parents who are thinking of or are already homeschooling their children. I love telling other parents that homeschooling really does work.
I homeschooled my children through high school, and they now have bachelor’s degrees (along with straight A’s and wonderful university experiences). And my adult children still have a love of learning … thanks especially to Montessori education, unit studies, and a relaxed style of homeschooling. They also have successful careers, happy marriages, happy family relationships, and plenty of friends. Homeschooled children do grow up to be amazing adults! If you’re wondering, here’s a bit more about my family. 🙂
If you’re a homeschooler or considering homeschooling, here are some of my homeschooling posts you might find helpful:
- Top 5 Homeschool Lessons My Children Taught Me (the post I cried when I wrote and get teary-eyed every time I read it because I miss my now-adult children. If you ever wonder, it really is true that children grow up too fast. But I’m always grateful that my husband and I were able to spend so much time with our children because of homeschooling.)
- Top 10 Montessori Principles for Natural Learning
- How to Start Using Montessori at Home
- How to Set Up a Montessori Preschool Classroom at Home
- How to Set Up a Montessori Homeschool Classroom
- Should You Use Unit Studies? (includes a list of my unit-studies posts)
- How to Be a Relaxed Homeschooler
Voting for the Top 25 Homeschooling Moms will go through June 27 at 4:00pm PST. You can vote once each day. You just need to scroll down to the blog you want to vote for and click on the orange thumbs up. Once your vote is counted, the circle will go gray until you’re eligible to vote again the next day. Once the thumbs-up circle is orange, you can vote again. You can vote for more than one blog.
I would LOVE your vote. If you vote for me, thank you SO MUCH! But there are many worthy homeschooling blogs. If you don’t vote for Living Montessori Now, please vote for another blog.
Whether or not you homeschool your children, thanks so much for supporting homeschoolers!
UPDATE: Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who voted for me! I was very happy to end up #11 this year (was #12 last year)! There are so many awesome homeschool bloggers … I’m honored! I truly appreciate the encouragement!