I’m often asked how to set up a Montessori classroom at home. I wrote a post about it and published a Montessori homeschooling series: Montessori Homeschool Classroom and Materials. The problem is that it isn’t that easy to find all the posts. Since blogs go backward in time, it takes a lot of scrolling back to find a specific post out of all the posts that are already in that category.
So, today I’m going to organize and update some of my main links on Montessori homeschooling. These won’t be all the posts I’ve written in each category, but they’re probably the most important posts.
My Main Montessori Classroom Posts
- Homeschool Resources and Encouragement
- Become a More Successful Homeschooler by Using Montessori Principles
- How to Set Up a Montessori Preschool Classroom at Home
- How to Add Godly Play to Your Homeschool (if you want to add a Montessori-based religious education program)
Montessori Curriculum Areas
- Montessori Practical Life Activities
- Montessori Sensorial Activities
- Montessori Language Activities
- Montessori Math Activities
- Montessori Cultural Activities
Where to Get Montessori Materials for Your Homeschool
- Free Montessori Materials Online
- Where to Buy Montessori Materials
- How to Make Your Own Montessori Materials
- DIY Montessori Materials (a list of all the DIY Montessori materials posts I’ve published)
- Free Montessori Scope and Sequence Resources for Planning and Record Keeping
- Top 10 Montessori Principles for Natural Learning
- Your Young Child’s Amazing, Absorbent Mind
- Encourage Your Child’s Sensitive Periods
- How to Help Your Preschooler Help Himself
- Why is Analysis of Movement Important in Montessori Education?
- How to Teach Your Preschooler Manners Using Montessori Principles
- How to Teach Concepts and Vocabulary to Your Preschooler Using the Three-Period Lesson
- In What Order Should You Introduce Letters to Your Preschooler?
- How to Manage Interruptions in Your Montessori Classroom or Homeschool
Ideas for Montessori Activities (Categories of Blog Posts)
- Activities – Practical Life
- Activities – Practical Life – Grace and Courtesy
- Activities – Sensorial
- Activities – Language
- Activities – Math
- Activities – Art
- Activities – Cultural
Montessori Elementary Homeschool
- Introduction to Montessori Elementary
- Montessori Elementary Homeschool Inspiration and Ideas
- Free Montessori Elementary Montessori Materials Online (including free Montessori elementary albums)
- Where to Buy Montessori Elementary Albums and Materials
Check the categories in the right sidebar for lots of other posts you might find helpful, such as “Montessori Overview” with information and videos, “Ideas from Montessori Schools” with Montessori videos, or “Book and Product Reviews” with books that are helpful for parents.
Examples of Montessori Homeschool Classrooms from Around the Blogosphere
Note: Don’t be intimidated by how lovely many of these classrooms are. Just do what works for your family.
1 + 1 + 1 = 1
Montessori MOMents (now a private blog)
Note: I organized these alphabetically to make it fair and easier to locate a particular blog’s Montessori homeschool classroom. I know so many wonderful Montessori homeschool bloggers, though, that it was impossible to find classrooms for each. It often depended on the ease of searching the site. If you have a post with photos of your Montessori homeschool classroom, please let me know so I can add it! If your Montessori environment at home fits better into my post about setting up a Montessori educational space (rather than a classroom), let me know so that I can add it to How to Set Up a Montessori Space at Home.
PREPARING MONTESSORI SPACES IN YOUR HOME
See “How to Create a Montessori-Friendly Home” for ideas for a number of levels. Here are some of my main home environment posts here:
- How to Prepare a Montessori Baby Room at Home (roundup post)
- How to Prepare a Montessori Toddler Environment at Home (roundup post)
- Preparing a Montessori Newborn Baby Space at Home
- How to Use Montessori Mobiles to Encourage a Newborn Baby’s Development and Delight
- Preparing a Montessori Baby Space with Shelves at Home
- Preparing a Montessori Baby Space in Your Living Room
- Preparing a Montessori Baby-Toddler Space at Home
- Preparing Montessori Toddler Spaces at Home (includes my Montessori toilet learning setup)
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 2 Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 2½ Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 3 Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 3½ Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 4 Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 4½ Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 5 Year Old
- How to Prepare Themed Montessori Shelves
- How to Prepare a Montessori Home Environment for Afterschooling
- Create an Attractive Home Environment from Montessori at Home!
- How to Set Up a Montessori Homeschool Classroom
- How to Prepare Montessori Homeschool Spaces for Babies through First Graders
- How to Prepare a Montessori Space in Your Living Room for Toddlers Through Early Elementary
I’d love to hear how you’ve used or are planning to use Montessori ideas in your newborn baby spaces! 🙂
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), Instagram, and YouTube. You can find me on bloglovin’ and Twitter, too.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!