Weather is great to study at any time of year. Of course, weather is often studied in the spring when many places have almost any type of weather.
Here’s a wide variety of Montessori-inspired resources (printables, activities, and weather stations) for a weather unit study at home or in the classroom. Most of the activities are for preschool through early elementary.
This post contains some affiliate links (at no cost to you).
The posts linked below are mine unless I specify otherwise.
Montessori-Inspired Weather Printables
Weather materials (available for purchase) from Montessori Print Shop
Montessori-Inspired Weather Pack for DIY Cards and Counters, Number or Letter Matching, Number or Letter Basket, Bead Bar Work, Hands-on Math Operations, Number or Letter Salt/Sand Writing Tray, Letter Tracing, DIY Movable Alphabet, and Creative Writing (subscriber freebie, so just sign up for my email to get the link and password – or check your inbox if you’re already a subscriber).
Montessori-Inspired Calendar and Seasonal Weather Activities
These posts include some posts about daily weather activities and videos and activities related to the weather that’s common in a particular season.
- Free Months and Seasons Printables and Montessori-Inspired Months and Seasons Activities
- Free Months and Seasons Songs and Educational Videos
- Free Fall Printables and Montessori-Inspired Fall Activities
- Free Fall Songs and Educational Videos
- Free Winter Printables and Montessori-Inspired Winter Activities
- Montessori Winter Activities Printables for Preschool Through Elementary from Every Star Is Different (Includes some spring weather printables, too)
- Free Winter Songs and Educational Videos
- Free Spring Printables and Montessori-Inspired Spring Activities
- Free Spring Songs and Educational Videos
- Free Summer Printables and Montessori-Inspired Summer Activities
- Free Summer Songs and Educational Videos
Our Classroom Calendar and Circle Time from Counting Coconuts
Our Calendar Routine from My Montessori Journey
Montessori-Inspired Weather Unit (posts with a variety of weather activities)
This video shows activities from my Montessori-Inspired Weather Printables and Montessori-Inspired Weather Activities post.
Montessori Classroom – Nature Walk from North American Montessori Center
Investigating Weather Systems in the Montessori Classroom and Montessori Curriculum: Preparing for Weather Systems from North American Montessori Center
Mini Weather Station from We Don’t Need No Education
The Five Great Lessons of the Elementary Curriculum (First Great Lesson leading to a study of meteorology) from Montessori for Everyone
Montessori-Inspired Cloud and Precipitation Activities
Weather Unit Study Pinterest Board
I have a Weather Unit Study Pinterest Board with activities of all types and for all levels!
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Instagram, Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), and YouTube. While you’re here, please check out the Living Montessori Now shop.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!