Montessori education for infants is rather magical. It’s amazing to see what babies do when they’re given freedom of movement and activities that meet their needs.
Montessori for Infants: A Window Into the Nido at LePort Montessori Video
I love that the term “nido” is Italian for nest … such a sweet image of how we want babies treated. This lovely video from LePort Montessori tells about their nido program. Their infant program is for ages 12 weeks to 18 months. Some Montessori schools have nido programs for ages 2 months to 12 or 15 months before the child goes into the toddler program until age 3.
Whether you’re a parent or caregiver, you can get lots of inspiration and ideas from the video for helping infants by using Montessori principles. While you won’t have the same materials as a Montessori nido program in a school, you can create many of the same materials or experiences at home. And you can definitely follow the basic Montessori principles used in caring for an infant.
Montessori for Infants: A Window Into the Nido at LePort Montessori
Montessori for Infants – Resources
Preparing Montessori Spaces in Your Home
See “How to Create a Montessori-Friendly Home” for ideas for a number of levels. Here are some of my main home environment posts:
- How to Prepare a Montessori Baby Room at Home (roundup post)
- How to Prepare a Montessori Toddler Environment at Home (roundup post)
- Preparing a Montessori Newborn Baby Space at Home
- How to Use Montessori Mobiles to Encourage a Newborn Baby’s Development and Delight
- Preparing a Montessori Baby Space with Shelves at Home
- Preparing a Montessori Baby Space in Your Living Room
- Preparing a Montessori Baby-Toddler Space at Home
- Preparing Montessori Toddler Spaces at Home
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 2 Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 2½ Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 3 Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 3½ Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 4 Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 4½ Year Old
- How to Prepare Montessori Shelves for a 5 Year Old
- How to Prepare Themed Montessori Shelves
- How to Prepare a Montessori Home Environment for Afterschooling
- Create an Attractive Home Environment from Montessori at Home!
- How to Set Up a Montessori Homeschool Classroom
- How to Prepare Montessori Homeschool Spaces for Babies through First Graders
Jo Ebisujima and I have a free Montessori at home webinar and introduction to our Montessori Crash Course.
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), Instagram, and YouTube. You can find me on bloglovin’ and Twitter, too.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!