It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when you’re wanting to help your child or students learn to read and write. But there are resources that make the process so much easier. Often, it’s as easy as printing and cutting out a printable that your child is ready for. Every Star Is Different has some amazing language materials for children needing beginning, intermediate, or advanced Montessori resources.
Disclosure: Disclosure: I’ve been given a copy of these materials to review. My opinions are honest and my own. This post contains affiliate links (at no cost to you).
This August (2019) and only this August, these materials (except for the playdough pack) are available as a Montessori-inspired Language Bundle in Cursive of 1,038 pages. The bundle is 75% off! (No coupon code is needed.) Note: for the sale, click on the image above. Only the cursive bundle is on sale at 75% off. The individual cursive packs are on sale at 50% off.
The cursive bundle includes:
Montessori-inspired Letters and Sounds Printable Pack Bundle in Cursive
- Introduces both lowercase and uppercase letters of the alphabet using common household objects
- Encourages writing through various activities
- Designed to be used with the Montessori language materials
Montessori-inspired Beginning Language Bundle in Cursive
- Designed to be used with traditional Montessori materials
- Provides extra practice with consonant sounds at the beginning and end of words
- Helps to solidify short vowel sounds
Montessori-inspired Intermediate Language Bundle in Cursive
- Introduces consonant blends in short vowel words
- Develops vocabulary skills through picture and word correspondence
- Letter colors reflect those of the Montessori movable alphabet
Montessori-inspired Advanced Language Bundle in Cursive
- Focuses on long vowel letter combinations as well as consonant combinations such as th, ch, sh, and more
- Emphasizes spelling in a variety of ways
- Control cards can be sorted by consonant or vowel blends, as well as rhyming words
- Beginning Language Sentence Challenges in Cursive
- Intermediate Language Sentence Challenges in Cursive
- Advanced Language Sentence Challenges in Cursive
Here are some wonderful language materials available from Every Star Is Different (manuscript version shown):
Montessori Letters and Sounds Printable Pack Bundle: 151 pages
Montessori Letters and Sounds Printable Pack Bundle Table of Contents:
- My Montessori Lowercase Letters and Sounds Book (Control)
- My Montessori Uppercase Letters and Sounds Book (Control)
- My Montessori Lowercase Letters and Sounds Book with tracing pages
- My Montessori Uppercase Letters and Sounds Book with tracing pages
- My Montessori Letters and Sounds Book with fill in the blank pages
- Lowercase Letters and Sounds Flashcards with Lines (Control)
- Uppercase Letters and Sounds Flashcards with Lines (Control)
- Lowercase Traceable Letters and Sounds Flashcards with Lines
- Uppercase Traceable Letters and Sounds Flashcards with Lines
- Fill in the Blank Letters and Sounds Flashcards with Lines
- Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Match Up Cards
- Letters and Sounds Picture Cards with No Words
- Letters and Sounds Nomenclature Cards with Words
- Lowercase Letters and Sounds Clip Cards
- Uppercase Letters and Sounds Clip Cards
Montessori Letters and Sounds Play Dough Mats: 53 pages
Montessori Letters and Sounds Play Dough Mats Bundle: (available in manuscript but not in cursive)
- These play dough mats use real photographs, not drawings or cartoon-like images.
- Both upper and lowercase letters are included in the bundle.
- The Montessori-inspired Letters and Sound Play Dough Mats are designed to supplement the Montessori Letters and Sounds Printable Pack Bundle, using all of the same images etc.
Montessori-inspired Beginning Language Bundle (Pink Series/CVC Words): 266 pages
Montessori-inspired Beginning Language Bundle Table of Contents
- 100 Pink Series/CVC Word Control Cards
- 100 Pink Series/CVC Word Tracing Cards
- 100 Pink Series/CVC Picture and Word Match Up Sets
- 56 Pink Series/CVC Picture and Phrase/Sentence Match Up Sets
- 100 Pink Series/CVC Word First Letter Sound Clip Cards
- 100 Pink Series/CVC Word Middle Letter Sound Clip Cards
- 100 Pink Series/CVC Word Last Letter Sound Clip Cards
- 100 Pink Series/CVC Word Identification Clip Cards
- 100 Pink Series/CVC Fill in the Word Clip Cards
At first, I wasn’t sure if I needed to print out the word control cards full size. If you have the Kid Advance small movable alphabet, the letters will fit on the cards. But our Alison’s Montessori small movable alphabet has differences in about half the letters.
Examples with my grandchildren republished from September 2013. (They’re all a year older now!)
My 4½-year-old granddaughter, Zoey, uses materials from the Montessori pink, blue, and green series, depending on what our unit is at the moment and what books she’s reading. Zoey helped me review a number of the materials from Every Star Is Different. Even my infant grandbabies joined in! Keep reading to see photos and read about my grandchildren’s impressions.
You don’t really need an exact match unless you have a child who needs extra help with word building but is very eager to do the work anyway. So I would normally reduce the size of the control cards. But I printed them out full size anyway, and I’m so glad I did! My 4½-year-old granddaughter, Zoey, was instantly attracted to them.
First, she had us go through all the cards and sort out our favorites. She chose her favorites, and I chose mine. Only the hog and ham weren’t chosen!
Then Zoey enjoyed sorting cards into word families. (I chose 20 for her to sort. There are many more word cards in the pack!)
After that, Zoey was the teacher for the babies (her 6-month-old cousin, Caleb, and her 9-month-old sister, Sophia). She used the first period lesson to introduce 3 kitchen items to the babies. You don’t usually include the written words when introducing pictures to babies. But in your own home, you don’t have to do everything like a Montessori classroom … even an infant Montessori program. And we had the cards available and ready to go. The images in the language bundle are photographs, which is perfect for babies on up.
Notice how patient and sweet the teacher is!
Of course, curious babies have to explore every inch of the objects! I took this photo very shortly after the first one! Zoey is laughing with Caleb’s mom (my daughter, Christina). And I was laughing behind the camera. It was so much fun for everyone!
Montessori-inspired Intermediate Language Bundle (Blue Series/Consonant Blends): 296 pages
Montessori-inspired Intermediate Language Bundle has similar contents to the pink series bundle, except at the intermediate level.
Montessori-inspired Intermediate Language Bundle Table of Contents
- 100 Intermediate Language/Blue Series Word Control Cards
- 100 Intermediate Language/Blue Series Tracing Cards
- 100 Intermediate Language/Blue Series Writing Cards
- 100 Intermediate Language/Blue Series Identification Clip Cards
- 100 Intermediate Language/Blue Series First Letter/Blends Clip Cards
- 100 Intermediate Language/Blue Series Last Letter/Blends Clip Cards
- 100 Intermediate Language/Blue Series Fill in the Word Clip Cards
- 30 Intermediate Language/Blue Series Picture and Phrase Sentence Match Up Sets
- 100 Intermediate Language/Blue Series Picture and Word Match Up Sets
Here are a couple of examples:
If you want to use the word control cards but save cardstock and printer ink, you can use print out multiple pages on each page. I printed out 4 pages per printed page of the blue series control cards. I printed out the pictures in the regular size. Again, I love that the images are photographs.
Zoey really enjoyed the phrases and sentences in the picture and phrase/sentence match ups. She thought “The fat frog grins,” “The skunk stunk,” and “spots on socks” were very funny. We had a great conversation while Zoey did the work!
Montessori-inspired Advanced Language Bundle (Green Series/Long Vowel Sounds & Phonograms): 305 pages
Montessori-inspired Advanced Language Bundle has similar content except at the advanced level. Some of the work in the bundle is even appropriate for second or third grade.
Montessori-inspired Advanced Language Bundle Table of Contents
- 100 Advanced Language/Green Control Cards
- 100 Advanced Language/Green Series Tracing Cards
- 100 Advanced Language/Green Series Writing Cards
- 100 Advanced Language/Green Series Easy Identification Clip Cards
- 100 Advanced Language/Green Series Hard Identification Clip Cards
- 100 Advanced Language/Green Series Letter/Blends Clip Cards
- 100 Advanced Language/Green Series Fill in the Word Clip Cards
- 100 Advanced Language/Green Series Picture and Phrase Sentence Match Up Sets
- 100 Advanced Language/Green Series Picture and Word Match Up Sets
For our next unit, we’re focusing a lot on silent e. So Zoey worked with the clip cards that had silent e. I love to use a variety of clothespins for clip cards to add extra interest. For this work, we used miniature (1″) clothespins. That adds an extra challenge! I sometimes use 1½” clothespins, too. (Note: I normally add control dots to the correct position on the back of each clip card. Because we were reviewing the cards together first, I didn’t have the dots added.)
Zoey enjoyed the challenge of using the miniature clothespins with the cards. She was especially interested in the cake and snake cards!
Montessori-Inspired Sentence Challenges Printable Pack Bundle
The Montessori-Inspired Sentence Challenges Printable Pack Bundle for Pink, Blue, and Green Series Includes:
- Montessori-inspired Sentence Challenges Beginning Printable Pack:51 pages
- Montessori-inspired Sentence Challenges Intermediate Printable Pack: 51 pages
- Montessori-inspired Sentence Challenges Advanced Printable Pack: 51 pages
- And more!
Included in this bundle are:
- 50 Beginning Language Sentence Challenges (CVC Words/Short Vowel Sounds)
- 50 Intermediate Language Sentence Challenges (Consonant Blends)
- 50 Advanced Language Sentence Challenges (Phonograms/Long Vowel Sounds)
Each sentence challenge comes with three parts:
1. Correct sentence strip
2. Incorrect sentence strip
3. Blank lined strip for writing
Depending on the needs of the child the sentence challenges can be used one of three ways.
1. Copy correct sentences on to the blank lined strip for writing practice.
2. Match up incorrect sentence strips with correct sentence slips.
3. Using the correct sentence strips as a control, copy the incorrect sentence strips, making corrections along the way, on to the blank lined strip for writing practice.
These are so useful and versatile!
My Reviews of Montessori Printables from Every Star Is Different
After the gallery has loaded, you can see all my posts with reviews of Every Star Is Different printables. Just click on an image to go to that post!
You can see all the products in the Every Star Is Different shop here.
Again, this August (2019) and only this August, the Montessori-inspired Language Bundle in Cursive of 1,038 pages is 75% off! (No coupon code is needed.) Note: for the sale, click on the image above. Only the cursive bundle is on sale at 75% off. The individual cursive packs are on sale at 50% off.
Also this August (2019) and only this August, the Montessori-inspired Intro to Fractions Printable Pack from Every Star Is Different is on sale at 50% off (only $7.99)!
Thanks for being so awesome!
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), and Twitter. You can find me on bloglovin’, Instagram, and YouTube, too.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!