Astronomy is a high-interest topic for kids and fun to study any time of the year. Every Star Is Different has some fabulous Montessori astronomy materials, giving hands-on activities that are perfect for preschool through elementary (and sometimes older)!
Disclosure: I’ve been given a copy of these materials to review. My opinions are honest and my own. This post contains affiliate links (at no cost to you).
I’ve loved all the materials I’ve used from Every Star Is Different.
HERE ARE THE FABULOUS ASTRONOMY MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM EVERY STAR IS DIFFERENT:
My 5-year-old granddaughter, Zoey, and I have only done 3 activities with the astronomy printables so far, but there are so many more we’ll enjoy doing in the future!
Montessori-Inspired Stars Printable Pack
- Includes charts and cards about the two life cycles of a star
- Emphasizes that every star is different and how it’s measured by size, color, density, etc
- Provides opportunities to learn about stars through various subject areas including language, math, science and culture
There are so many activities included in the astronomy bundle that it will take a number of years to do them all! My 5-year-old daughter, Zoey, enjoyed studying the life cycle of a star using the printables and the Science Encyclopedia by DK and the Smithsonian. Even though the book is recommended for ages 8-12, Zoey finds the images in it fascinating!
I love that there are description cards for so many of the printables from Every Star Is Different. The descriptions extend the work into elementary and also have needed information easily available for the homeschool parent or classroom teacher.
Montessori-Inspired Sun Printable Pack
- Provides opportunities to learn about the benefits and dangers of the sun and how we can stay safe
- Includes activities that teach the layers and special features of the sun including it’s composition and details about solar eclipses
- Encourages the celebration of trips around the moon with a beautiful printable to be used at home or in the classroom
The Montessori birthday celebration is such a meaningful way for young children to celebrate their birthdays and learn about the earth’s orbit around the sun! One of the materials in the Montessori-inspired sun pack is designed to make it easy for parents and teachers to prepare the ceremony. The printables for the birthday celebration are simple but attractive. The sun even has 12 longer points, making it easy to know where to place the month cards.
My family uses an LED candle to represent the sun. That way, the child can repeat the trip around the sun individually after the birthday celebration.
There are extra printables that can be added to the Montessori birthday layout or as individual work at any time. They show the monthly progression of the earth’s orbit around the sun.
Read about all the printables in the sun pack and get ideas of how to use them in this blog post at Every Star Is Different.
Montessori-Inspired Moon Printable Pack
- Includes a chart and sequence of a full lunar eclipse
- Explains the layers of the moon and its composition
- Provides many opportunities to practice writing through moon phase word strips and book creations
Montessori-inspired Moon Printable Pack Table of Contents
- M is for Moon Do-a-Dot Page
- Phases of the Moon Nomenclature Cards
- Phases of the Moon Chart
- Phases of the Moon Word Strips
- Phases of the Moon Book
- The Moon From All Sides Chart and Activity
- Layers of the Earth’s Moon Chart and Activity
- Layers of the Earth’s Moon Cards
- Diagram of the Moon’s Craters and Mare
- The Moon’s Craters and Mare Sorting Activity
- Lunar Eclipse Chart
- Phases of a Total Lunar Eclipse Chart and Activity
- Moon Rock Addition
- Nocturnal Animal Sort
- Advanced Language “oo” Control Cards
- Advanced Language “oo” Tracing Cards
- Advanced Language “oo” Word Clip Cards
- Advanced Language “oo” Match Up Cards
Again, Zoey loved using the Science Encyclopedia by DK and the Smithsonian as we did an activity showing the moon from all sides. This can be used as a cut-and-paste activity or set up as a matching activity that can be used and reused. Even though it’s a simple activity, it’s perfect for any study of the moon.
Montessori-Inspired Solar System Printable Pack
- Planets are broken down and sorted by size, order, group, and more
- Includes weather and geological event cards for each planet
- Encourages exploration of the entire solar system including dwarf planets, asteriods, and comets
Montessori-inspired Solar System Printable Pack Table of Contents
- Planet Do-A-Dot Pages
- Planet Nomenclature Cards
- Planet Picture and Description Cards
- Planet Syllable Counting Clip Cards
- Planet First Letter Sound Clip Cards
- Planets in the Solar System Book Activity
- Planets Word Strips
- Solar System and Ordinal Numbers Activity
- Planets By Size Comparison Activity in Color
- Planets By Size Comparison Activity in Black and White
- Planet Layers Fact Sheets
- Planet Weather Picture and Description Cards
- Planet and Moons Match Up Activity
- Planet Moons Nomenclature Cards
- Planet Moons Picture and Description Cards
- Type of Planet Sorting Activity
- Terrestrial Planet Land Features Nomenclature Cards
- Terrestrial Planet Land Features Picture and Description Cards
- Composer Gustav Holst and “The Planets”
- Meteor, Comet and Asteroid Comparison Activity
- My Place in the Universe Activity
- Astronomy Vocabulary Picture and Description Match Up
- Intro to Chemistry Nomenclature Cards
- Intro to Chemistry Picture and Description Cards
- Astronomy Shape Outlines
Read about all the printables in the solar system pack and get ideas of how to use them in this blog post at Every Star Is Different.
February 26, 2021 Update: The Solar System Printable Pack has been updated! You’ll automatically receive the updated pack if you purchased the pack originally from the Every Star Is Different Shop (even if it was through my affiliate link).
The Mars printable in this photo is from the Solar System Printable Pack before it was updated. We used these materials to focus on the Mars Perseverance rover landing. The printables are all from the Montessori-Inspired Solar System Printable Pack.
We love all the National Geographic Kids books in the Little Kids First Big Book series, and Little Kids First Big Brook of Space book has 6 gorgeous pages about Mars. The planet figures are from Safari Ltd. We’ve used them so many times! (Note: They’re currently unavailable on Amazon, but you can get the Safari Ltd. planets from Montessori By Mom.)
Our Video Featuring Materials from the Solar System Printable Pack:
Montessori-Inspired Space Exploration Printable Pack
As of February 26, 2021, the Montessori-Inspired Space Exploration Printable Pack has also been updated and automatically sent to everyone who purchased the complete Astronomy Bundle from the Every Star Is Different shop (even if it was through my affiliate link).
Space Exploration Printable Pack Table of Contents
- Important People in Space Exploration Nomenclature Cards
- Important People in Space Exploration Picture and Description Cards
- Space Travel Nomenclature Cards
- Space Travel Picture and Description Cards
My Reviews of Montessori Printables from Every Star Is Different
After the gallery has loaded, you can see all my posts with reviews of Every Star Is Different printables. Just click on an image to go to that post!
You can see all the products in the Every Star Is Different shop here.
Thanks for being so awesome!
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), and Twitter. You can find me on bloglovin’, Instagram, and YouTube, too.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!