Astronomy is a high-interest topic for kids and fun to study any time of the year. Every Star Is Different has some fabulous Montessori astronomy materials, giving hands-on activities that are perfect for preschool through elementary (and sometimes older)!
Disclosure: I’ve been given a copy of these materials to review. My opinions are honest and my own. This post contains affiliate links (at no cost to you).
I’ve loved all the materials I’ve used from Every Star Is Different.
HERE ARE THE FABULOUS ASTRONOMY MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM EVERY STAR IS DIFFERENT:
My 5-year-old granddaughter, Zoey, and I have only done 3 activities with the astronomy printables so far, but there are so many more we’ll enjoy doing in the future!
Montessori-Inspired Stars Printable Pack
The Montessori-Inspired Stars Printable Pack:
- Includes charts and cards about the two life cycles of a star
- Emphasizes that every star is different and how it’s measured by size, color, density, etc
- Provides opportunities to learn about stars through various subject areas including language, math, science and culture
There are so many activities included in the astronomy bundle that it will take a number of years to do them all! My 5-year-old daughter, Zoey, enjoyed studying the life cycle of a star using the printables and the Science Encyclopedia by DK and the Smithsonian. Even though the book is recommended for ages 8-12, Zoey finds the images in it fascinating!
I love that there are description cards for so many of the printables from Every Star Is Different. The descriptions extend the work into elementary and also have needed information easily available for the homeschool parent or classroom teacher.
Montessori-Inspired Sun Printable Pack
- Provides opportunities to learn about the benefits and dangers of the sun and how we can stay safe
- Includes activities that teach the layers and special features of the sun including it’s composition and details about solar eclipses
- Encourages the celebration of trips around the moon with a beautiful printable to be used at home or in the classroom
The Montessori birthday celebration is such a meaningful way for young children to celebrate their birthdays and learn about the earth’s orbit around the sun! One of the materials in the Montessori-inspired sun pack is designed to make it easy for parents and teachers to prepare the ceremony. The printables for the birthday celebration are simple but attractive. The sun even has 12 longer points, making it easy to know where to place the month cards.
My family uses an LED candle to represent the sun. That way, the child can repeat the trip around the sun individually after the birthday celebration.
There are extra printables that can be added to the Montessori birthday layout or as individual work at any time. They show the monthly progression of the earth’s orbit around the sun.
Read about all the printables in the sun pack and get ideas of how to use them in this blog post at Every Star Is Different.
Montessori-Inspired Moon Printable Pack
The Montessori-Inspired Moon Printable Pack:
- Includes a chart and sequence of a full lunar eclipse
- Explains the layers of the moon and its composition
- Provides many opportunities to practice writing through moon phase word strips and book creations
Again, Zoey loved using the Science Encyclopedia by DK and the Smithsonian as we did an activity showing the moon from all sides. This can be used as a cut-and-paste activity or set up as a matching activity that can be used and reused. Even though it’s a simple activity, it’s perfect for any study of the moon.
Montessori-Inspired Solar System Printable Pack
The Montessori-Inspired Solar System Printable Pack:
- Planets are broken down and sorted by size, order, group, and more
- Includes weather and geological event cards for each planet
- Encourages exploration of the entire solar system including dwarf planets, asteriods, and comets
Read about all the printables in the solar system pack and get ideas of how to use them in this blog post at Every Star Is Different.
You can see all the products in the Every Star Is Different shop here. Thanks for being so awesome!
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), and Twitter (blog posts by me and others along with the Parent/Teacher Daily and other interesting information). You can find me on bloglovin’, Instagram, and YouTube, too.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!