It’s often difficult to know how to present historical facts without doing a huge amount of research to be sure it’s historically accurate and culturally sensitive. But I’m so excited to have found a perfect solution for preschool through elementary Thanksgiving information … with the Montessori-inspired Thanksgiving printables from Every Star Is Different!
Renae’s husband, Jason, spent hours and hours and hours doing research to be sure the information about Native Americans, explorers and colonists, and Thanksgiving is historically accurate and culturally sensitive. The materials can be used from preschool all the way through upper elementary (and more)!
Disclosure: I’ve been given a copy of the Every Star Is Different materials to review. My opinions are honest and my own. This post contains affiliate links (at no cost to you).
I’ve loved all the materials I’ve used from Every Star Is Different. The Thanksgiving printables are perfect for classroom or home for preschool through upper elementary (and more!).
Here are the awesome Thanksgiving materials available from Every Star Is Different:
I just started using the Thanksgiving printables with my grandkids. Below, I’ll show just a few of the activities we used, although many, many more are available in the Thanksgiving materials from Every Star Is Different!
In the photo above, I show some of the Montessori activities we’ll be using from the packs: Matching 13 Original Colonies Nomenclature and Description Cards with Puzzle Pieces from United States Puzzle, Colonist Who Am I? Cards, Thanksgiving Color Sorting Activity with color tablets from Montessori By Mom (and finding the closest match with color tablets from Montessori color box 3 for older kids), Colonialism Math Word Problems with Montessori golden bead material, and Making Sentences with Powhatan Village Grammar Word Strips and Safari Ltd Powhatan Village TOOB figures
Montessori-inspired Thanksgiving Printable Pack
- Focuses on Thanksgiving dinner and dessert in a variety of activities
- Introduces the idea of turkey identification through nomenclature cards and sorting work
- Includes Thanksgiving around the world card
Montessori-inspired Thanksgiving Printable Pack Table of Contents
- Thanksgiving Do-a-dot Pages
- Thanksgiving Pie Fractions Activity
- Thanksgiving Pie Counting 1-10 Clip Cards
- Thanksgiving Pie Graphing Activity
- Turkey Nomenclature Cards
- Bird Sorting Activity
- Thanksgiving Color Sorting Activity
- Thanksgiving Noun Rules and Exceptions Cards
- Thanksgiving Noun Rules and Exceptions Writing Strips in Print
- Thanksgiving Noun Rules and Exceptions Writing Strips in Cursive
- Thanksgiving Harvest and Dish Match Up
- My Thanksgiving Dinner Book Activity in Print
- My Thanksgiving Dinner Book Activity in Cursive
- My Thanksgiving Dinner Book Activity Blank Template
- Thanksgiving Harvest and Pie Match Up
- Thanksgiving Addition Word Problems
- Thanksgiving Subtraction Word Problems
- Thanksgiving Multiplication Word Problems
- Fraction Comparison Clip Cards
- My Thanksgiving Day Routine Telling Time Activity
- Thanksgiving Around the World Flag and Description Match Up
- Thanksgiving Outlines
I love that there are activities for preschoolers through upper elementary in the packs! There’s a Thanksgiving color sorting activity that works well for toddlers, too! Both of my toddler grandkids (Sophia at 22 months and Caleb at 19 months) love to sort colors. Here my daughter, Christina (Calebs’ mom) is helping Sophia and Caleb with the activity while Sophia matches the colors.
I love watching the connections that are often made during Montessori activities! Caleb had been looking at the Happy Baby Colors (Spanish Edition) book while Sophia matched the colors. As soon as she finished, he brought the book over and showed that the green in the book matched the green Thanksgiving colors! (The green cards are underneath the book.) Then he went on to match other colors in the set.
There are so many other activities for all levels in the pack! Check out the table of contents above!
Montessori-inspired Native American History Printable Pack
- Includes fantastic Powhatan Village Grammar Word Strips
- Introduces Native Americans from the 1500s all the way through modern times
- Focuses on the Native American way of life with the utmost respect
Montessori-inspired Native American History Printable Pack Table of Contents
- Traditional Harvest Crops Do-a-dot Pages
- Traditional Harvest Crops Nomenclature Cards
- Traditional Harvest Crops Writing Word Strips in Print
- Traditional Harvest Crops Writing Word Strips in Cursive
- Powhatan Village Grammar Word Strips
- Arrowhead Addition Clip Cards
- Wind Catcher Multiplication Clip Cards
- Native Americans Today: Traditional versus Modern Dress
- Important Animals in Native American Culture
- Native American Needs of Man Sorting Activity
- Native Americans Throughout History Nomenclature Cards
- Native Americans Throughout History Description Cards
- Native American Regions in North America Picture and Description Cards
- Native American Regions of North America Map
- Native American Outlines
This activity gives me the chance to continue our work with Montessori grammar symbols. We use the wood grammar symbols, although you can use paper ones. If you have the original grammar printables we used, there are printable symbols you can use. We used the Safari Ltd. Powhatan Indians TOOB figures.
Montessori-inspired Explorers and Colonists Printable Pack
- Introduces explorer ships, sailing routes, and navigation
- Focuses on European colonies in all of North America
- Includes occupations and trades within the 13 original colonies
Montessori-inspired Explorers and Colonists Printable Pack Table of Contents
- Explorer Do-a-dot Page
- Compass Direction Activity
- Compass Direction Match Up/Writing Activity in Print
- Compass Direction Match Up/Writing Activity in Cursive
- Explorer Nomenclature Cards
- Explorer Description Cards
- Explorer Ship and Map Match Up Cards
- Colony Picture and Description Cards
- Colony Picture and Description Cards
- Sailing Nomenclature Cards
- Sailing Description Cards
- Colonialism Vocabulary Nomenclature Cards
- Colonialism Vocabulary Description Cards
- Colonialism Needs of Man Sorting Activity
- Colonist Who Am I? Cards
- Colonialism Math Word Problems
- 13 Original Colonies Nomenclature Cards
- 13 Original Colonies Description Cards
- 13 Original Colonies Word Strips in Print
- 13 Original Colonies Word Strips in Cursive
- Colonial Occupation Nomenclature Cards
- Colonial Occupation Description Cards
- Ship Outlines
This is just one small activity from the Explorers and Colonists Printable Pack. For this activity, I added puzzle pieces from a United States puzzle we had. Some of the colonies/states are combined on the puzzle I have (and on many U.S. puzzles). I have very limited shelf space for maps, but you might prefer to have the Montessori U.S. map or a similar one, although it really depends on what works best for your home if you’re a homeschooler.
I’m so in love with the Thanksgiving materials from Every Star Is Different! We’ve just started using them, and I look forward to using them for many years!
My Reviews of Montessori Printables from Every Star Is Different
After the gallery has loaded, you can see all my posts with reviews of Every Star Is Different printables. Just click on an image to go to that post!
You can see all the products in the Every Star Is Different shop here.
Thanks for being so awesome!
Learn more about my eBook Montessori at Home or School: How to. Teach Grace and Courtesy!
If this is your first time visiting Living Montessori Now, welcome! If you haven’t already, please join us on our Living Montessori Now Facebook page where you’ll find a Free Printable of the Day and lots of inspiration and ideas for parenting and teaching! And please follow me on Instagram, Pinterest (lots of Montessori-, holiday-, and theme-related boards), and YouTube. While you’re here, please check out the Living Montessori Now shop.
And don’t forget one of the best ways to follow me by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You’ll receive some awesome freebies in the process!